2 weeks liquid diet pre-op

ramone
on 2/27/10 5:21 am
Did anyone here do this?  I have no idea how I will be able to do this and go to work
Alice P.
on 2/27/10 6:02 am
I did not have to do 2 weeks liquid pre op but if you find a protein powder you like that is no carb you will not be hungry.  Order samples on line from bariatriceating, vitalady, nectar syntrax, unjury and find some thing you like.
 HW 278 SW 259 GW 170 CW 142 Ht 5ft 6

ramone
on 2/27/10 6:10 am
I have protein powder I bought from the surgeon's office.  Is it really possible I won't be hungry?  I just can't imagine that.  I'm a big girl :-)  and I've tried liquid diets before.....I will check into the other protein powders you mentioned for after surgery. Thanks.

Janice
Alice P.
on 2/27/10 7:47 am
I too have done liquid diets before with no success.  But remember this is only for a while you will be able to eat again.

I started protein powder drinks a little over a month before my surgery and was shocked at how well they kept me satisfied.  I think it's cause they are protein and little no carbs.  Make sure you try the protein powder because I tried about 20 to find the couple I like and still have samples of another 10-15.

Alice
 HW 278 SW 259 GW 170 CW 142 Ht 5ft 6

maryc543
on 2/27/10 1:22 pm
I had to do this....  2 weeks of protein shakes for breakfast and lunch, with a non-fat, high protein, no carb dinner....and a shake before bed.  It was hard.  I bought a shaker cup from GNC and just mixed the powder with tap water at work, and added a few ice cubes.  I was hungry but not miserable.  and I knew it was only for 2 weeks.  I couldn't have done it for a permanent diet....
I was told it was to shrink my liver prior to surgery, to make it less difficult to do it lap, and to reduce the chances of a fat emboli breaking away. 
   It's weird how much I looked forward to my dinners of canned tuna with some lettuce....  that was the dining high point of my days!  Good Luck!    Mary

DS Part 1 (VSG) 11/14/06 DS Part 2 12/18/07
HW 430 SW 400 CW 210 GW 170 Blog: lifeisgood-mc.blogspot.com

ramone
on 2/28/10 12:24 am
Thanks Mary.  I get no solid food at all.  This is scary to me.  I'll live, I'm sure but wow...I'm afraid of constant headaches, being hungry and weak.  which is how I have felt on similar diets in the past.

jmeg66
on 2/27/10 4:40 pm - Brick, NJ
All off the patients of Dr. Wasser/Greenbuam have to do the diet.  It shrinks your liver.  You can break the 3 shakes into 6.  The 2 weeks will go by quickly and you'll get used to it.

ramone
on 2/28/10 12:26 am
How did you feel physically on the diet?  Were you able to work?  I get headachey and feel weak on ligquid diets (including protein shakes) in the past.  What was you experience like?

Janice
jmeg66
on 2/28/10 6:35 am - Brick, NJ

Yes I was able to work.  I was told if I absolutely had to no fat and no carbs, so Lean Protein is what I added when I felt I had to.  Aslo sf jello, a pickle spear.  Hope this helps. 

ramone
on 2/28/10 9:24 am
Thanks.  This is not going to be fun.

Janice
Most Active
Recent Topics