journey of a lifetime

Justajourney2010
on 2/24/10 11:27 am
OK to be too excited about Having surgery? feel like i should be worried since everybody said it's still hard even after you get surgery.
Brendan 2 Years :)
on 2/25/10 6:08 am
Of course you should be excited !!  This is the tool to get you where you wanna go.  I new lighter, happer, healthier self.  .... and hard???  Its only hard if you make it hard.  This is a second shot, get yourself mentally ready for the ride of a lifetime :)  Get excited!! Get Motivated!!  and you will do Fantastic!!  Congratulations on making your decision.

Brendan

Alice P.
on 2/25/10 9:19 am
I just had my surgery last week and I was never worried about it and was excited.  I have done great and so will you!
 HW 278 SW 259 GW 170 CW 142 Ht 5ft 6

big_ideas
on 2/26/10 3:30 am - Randolph, NJ
I was very excited about my surgery, and not the least bit nervous. I was miserable fat and I was really looking forward to doing something to make things better.

I may be in the minority, but I find that the surgery made things easier for me, not harder. I no longer have to struggle with an uncontrollable appetite, a seemingly insatiable hunger, and wildly swinging blood sugar levels. I feel like my surgery gave me power, and liberated me from my battle against my own body.

I make different choices, watch what I give my body to fuel and nurture it, and pay close attention to my vitamins. At two years out, I am down 130 lbs, and I'm still excited! I'm hoping that excitement is what will keep me dedicated and motivated as the years go by.

By the way, don't let anyone tell you how to feel. There are no right or wrong emotions, and your emotions will continually shift and change as you go through the process. Everyone is different, and you should respect and confront your feelings, whatever they may be.

Take good care of yourself and good luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics