Dr. Jean Baptiste - Anyone know ....

(deactivated member)
on 2/19/10 10:08 pm
tryingtogodown
on 2/24/10 1:22 am - South Plainfield, NJ
haha, that's funny.  The whole reason this post was started was because people have been writing how they could not get in touch with anyone in that office, through the office or JFK.  That is the truth, so how do you figure that is slander or defamation of character?  That's funny. 

Tom C.
on 2/19/10 5:01 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Of course everyone here will be partial, but I would suggest contacting Advanced Laparoscopic Surgeons. Their number is 973 410 9700 and their website is

http://www.njbariatricsurgeons.com/
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
TV2Night
on 2/19/10 12:55 pm - Hackettstown, NJ
I would definetly call around to see what other programs can help you.  I had Dr. Abkin as my surgeon out of Florham Park and I highly recommend any of the three surgeons at his place.  Even those that had Bands and now are looking for fills I'm sure they can help you out.

The are on 83 Hanover Road in Florham Park, NJ  973-410-9700.  If you're stuck call and see what they can do for you.
danielle42
on 2/26/10 5:32 pm
I was also going to have surgery done by Jean Baptiste but he disappeared on me.  No calls .No nothing. I was all ready for surgery too. My insurance approved it and all, I also did all my pre doctor appts too.   I also paid $300 for his shrink and nutritionist, whatta waste that was!!  He also wanted me to pay 1,800 for "after care"  what the hell is that? I have insurance so why do I have to pay out of network?  Its all to fishy to me.  I called the office and was told to find another Doctor, so I am..  Were you asked for 1,800 too? Who are you going to now?
Juanita09
on 6/11/10 5:39 am

I paid out of pocket $1950.00 which I was told for JFK gym and Nutritional counselor yes the checks were made to the doctor Jean- Baptites on JFK letter head. I went to the support meeting and was given a form to fill out to be refunded my money. I spoke to Lisa L over at JFK who told me my information was being worked out and that I should be reimburse soon that has been about two months ago. I also spoke to Christine at the bariatric center who stated that we should be receiving a letter which again I never got. About 3 weeks ago Scott G ( Administer} stated that no refund will be issued and that we can use the gym and nutritional counselor I told Scott that I have good insurance and that I could have used my own counselor which only would have been a $15.00 copay and that I have a membership at plantness fitness and that I want my money. I asked Lisa L from JFK if I should get a lawyer she stated no just allow more time. It has been close to 4 months now I have to take legal action and not for nothing the support group is the one that issued the refund form I will be in attendance at the next meeting I want answers and my money . I feel this this whole manner was very rude and stressful If anyone else is interested in legal action please let me know. JFK have to take responsibility for this two this was a doctor under there privilege and Im sick of getting the run around they had me fax all my check and recites all for them to now say you can use our gym and counselor that’s fraud the paper states no insurance will cover this out of pocket expensive and that was a LIE

gypsylady
on 2/19/10 9:24 am - Manchester, NJ
Hello everyone...
I had RNY with Dr. JB in November 2006.  I chose JB because I couldn't find anyone else to take my insurance and I had made up my mind that I wanted the surgery and didn't want to wait for another Dr to decide in 6 months or more that they would take my ins.  I was very successful and lost 160 pounds.  However I had some minor problems with pain in my side for over a year.  I would call the office and they would say to come in and I would drive 1 1/2 and Dr. would say I think you need to see...this type of dr.  It could be this.  Here's a script for percocet come back in a month.  This went on and on and I saw every imaginable dr.  and had every test from head to toe.  They never found anything and I would call again..go up again...etc.  I call to get scripts for my blood work, no one ever calls me with results.  (In the beginning,4 months out my thyroid level was 4-6x what it was supposed to be...I have a thyroid problem.  I was eating things I never should have been able to and was hungry all the time...lost very little weight in 3 months and when I went for next appt 2-3 months after bloodwork, they read my report and saw the thyroid level).  I am 5 months pregnant and called the office when I first found out and asked if I should come in to see dr or nutritionist b/c have no idea what to do or not do.  No one ever called back.  I do know that the office manager, Kathy and the nut., Judy when I was there a year ago are not with him anymore.  They were great.  As far as anything else...never seem to get anywhere.  Always felt it was b/c of my insurance and that they didn't really care to help me b/c of it.  I heard not too long after my surgery which I had to pay $3500 toward about many suspisious things dealing with my insurance and that people were paying this co-pay *****ally shouldn't have needed to. 
I am VERY grateful as to where I am today...but as someone else said, something just "isn't right there". 
God bless the people of Haiti and Dr. JB's family and friends who may be there.  I would never wish harm to anyone.
shel
on 3/8/10 11:24 pm - Howell, NJ
I called Dr. JB's office today and Christine is there.  She said Dr. JB is no longer with the practice, they are in the process of recruiting another surgeon.  She faxed me a release form and my operative report.  I sent her proof of my paying the Program fee of $1800 and she said she would refer it to Finance, I told her I wanted a refund.  Let's see what happens. 

Call over there today if you want to get your records, and maybe get a refund in the works too.

Michele
Juanita09
on 6/11/10 5:41 am

I paid out of pocket $1950.00 which I was told for JFK gym and Nutritional counselor yes the checks were made to the doctor Jean- Baptites on JFK letter head. I went to the support meeting and was given a form to fill out to be refunded my money. I spoke to Lisa L over at JFK who told me my information was being worked out and that I should be reimburse soon that has been about two months ago. I also spoke to Christine at the bariatric center who stated that we should be receiving a letter which again I never got. About 3 weeks ago Scott G ( Administer} stated that no refund will be issued and that we can use the gym and nutritional counselor I told Scott that I have good insurance and that I could have used my own counselor which only would have been a $15.00 copay and that I have a membership at plantness fitness and that I want my money. I asked Lisa L from JFK if I should get a lawyer she stated no just allow more time. It has been close to 4 months now I have to take legal action and not for nothing the support group is the one that issued the refund form I will be in attendance at the next meeting I want answers and my money . I feel this this whole manner was very rude and stressful If anyone else is interested in legal action please let me know. JFK have to take responsibility for this two this was a doctor under there privilege and Im sick of getting the run around they had me fax all my check and recites all for them to now say you can use our gym and counselor that’s fraud the paper states no insurance will cover this out of pocket expensive and that was a LIE

Most Active
Recent Topics