Plastic Surgeons in North and Central New Jersey

Ranessap
on 2/15/10 1:33 am
Hey Everyone,

I'm investigating plastic surgery, and I wanted to hear from folks who have had their extra skin removed in New Jersey.   What did you have done?  Who was your surgeon?  Were you happy with the surgeon, with his bedside manner, with cost, with the procedure and with your results?  Tell me about all these things, please!   If you weren't happy, what were you unhappy with? 

Right now, I'm just looking for some good surgeons to schedule consultations with.   I'd appreciate any information you can provide.

Thanks!

Ranessa
Tom C.
on 2/15/10 8:52 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
I don't know of any, but maybe this link can help you locate one.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/NJ/a,list/type,33/

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Nannette
on 2/15/10 11:02 pm - Toms River, NJ
I can't recommend Dr Joseph Capella enough -- he is awesome!  Check out my profile for detailed info -- I 'interviewed' five surgeons when I was researching PS, and besides cost, willingness to work with insurance, etc., - he was by far the most flexible, talented, nicest and experienced with WLS patients.

tell Dr Joe - I said Hi!

Hugs,
Nannette

Nannette
Lap RNY 6/16/03
Revise to DS 8/15/11

tryingtogodown
on 2/16/10 12:43 am - South Plainfield, NJ
Dr. Andrea Strauss
331 East Main Street
Somerville, New Jersey

908-725-4600
www.plasticsurgicalassociatesnj.com

she's great and does a lot of post WLS plastic surgery!

TV2Night
on 3/3/10 11:56 am - Hackettstown, NJ
I used Dr. Joe Fodero from Florham Park.  He works out of Morristown Memorial.  He does alot of Post Bariatric Surgery patients and is not only a great surgeon... but an awesome person.  He was in Livingston when i was having my surgery but opened a beautiful new office and surgery center in Florham park last year.    When i was first thinking of having my excess skin removed I went to three different seminars to listen to different plastic surgeons.  I honestly can't even remember the names of the other two guys...as they left that little of an impression on me.  I do remember they both were quite clear with us about HOW GOOD THEY WERE...but would not discuss costs with us.

Dr. Fodero came in to do seminar and was well prepared with different procedures he could offer us but then he and his nurse opened the meeting up to us... and allowed us to ask any questions and answered all of them.  He offered any of us Free consultations. 

I took him up on that offer and was very impressed with his whole business.  He is a very caring person and a good listener.  He will listen to what  you want and also guide you to what will serve you best.  These doctor;s truly are sculptors and we have alot to mold after loosing weight through bariatric surgery! 

I had abdominoplasty, flankplasty and breast lift with him in 2006 and then he did work on my back and a thigh lift in 2007.  Those were my two main procedures.  I will say the gastric bypass was a walk in the park in comparison to the plastic surgeries... as they take a long time to heal and are not easy... but WELL WORTH IT!

I HIGHLY Recommend Dr. Fodero for anyone looking to finish their Weight Loss Journey!

Pat
big_ideas
on 3/4/10 7:13 am - Randolph, NJ
Pat, thank you for posting this. I'm scheduled to meet Dr. Fodero on St. Party's Day, and I'm looking forward to it. I know one other post WLS patient from the board who also used him for a lower body lift and she speaks very highly of him.

I've also met with Dr. Ciminello in Hackensack. He seems great too, and I have family members who have used him and been thrilled with the experience.

Glad to hear you are pleased with your doctor and your results. Congratulations!

Purple Passion
on 3/8/10 3:33 am - Little Falls, NJ
RNY on 08/06/07 with
I'll second Dr. Fodero.  He did my lower body lift and I couldn't be happier. 

Rachelle
Looking for a possible revision.
257/190/150 

Most Active
Recent Topics