Need gym buddy! Northern NJ

LyndseyLouWho
on 2/9/10 9:49 am - Nyack, NY
I live in Piermont NY about 5 minutes from Northvale, NJ and I'm looking for a gym buddy. I'm currently a member of Planet Fitness, but it expires in April, so I'd even consider going to a new gym! If anyone's interested, please let me know!

shannonmaysmile
on 2/10/10 9:33 am - randolph, NJ
I would love a gym buddy. I am in NNJ, my gym is the YMCA in Mountain Lakes, and is wonderful. It is 35 min from West Nyack. Let me know if that is too far.
LyndseyLouWho
on 2/10/10 9:38 am - Nyack, NY
Hi! That might be good for weekends (if it's open on weekends), but I don't know if I could make that drive during the week b/c of my school/work schedule.......=/

big_ideas
on 2/15/10 11:14 am - Randolph, NJ
Shannon, I live in Randolph too. I belong to PF in Ledgewood.

Just wondering...why did you choose the Y in Mt. Lakes over the one here in Randolph? I was a member here in town years ago, when my kids liked to use the pool. Just curious!

shannonmaysmile
on 2/15/10 12:28 pm - randolph, NJ
The Lakeland Hills YMCA has more to offer. They have a much more extensive gym. More up to date equipment. And a nicer facility. They are actually having a free week starting the 23rd and if you take out a membership during that week the joiners fee is waved. I love the Y and everything they stand for. If you ever joint let me know. Always looking for a work out buddy.

Shannon
big_ideas
on 2/15/10 8:58 pm - Randolph, NJ
I don't think Mt. Lakes is a good idea for me. Its kind of far, and I will use ANY excuse not to exercise. Its the one area of my life and WLS journey where I need the most work.

But when the weather gets warmer, maybe we can go for a walk at th HS track, or at Horseshoe Lake? I've also sent you a PM about a zumba class. Let me know if you're interested. We could even meet for coffee!

Take care....

shannonmaysmile
on 2/16/10 8:47 am - randolph, NJ

I would love to walk at the track when it gets warmer.  I actually work at the YMCA in Mountain Lakes, but its such a great facility, I love working out there.  It also makes it very accessabke for me.  It is only 20 min away, not too bad for the quality.  Let me know if and when you would like to go walking.

shannon

Most Active
Recent Topics