starting over...

(deactivated member)
on 2/7/10 4:16 am
Hello all..

It's been months since I've been here hoping I'd be able to give a go at losing this weight on my own. I have concluded that this beast is more powerful than I and I need surgical assistance to stop the insanity. In the interem, I have (humbly) had to go on medicare/ njhealth insurance. Is there any possiblity I can get bypass surgery with this state assistance insurance and if so, can any of you recommend a good Doctor that accepts? I truly thank any advice and help you can offer..

Warmly.
Donna B
Jersey Shore area

[email protected]
mrsstewart09
on 2/9/10 8:02 am
hi donna
not sure where in nj u are but my dr is in vineland...he takes all insurance and he is a great surgeon!! his name is naveed iqbal....he has a page on here too...look him up
LesshugeinNJ
on 2/10/10 2:52 am, edited 2/10/10 2:53 am
My surgeon's staff harassed my insurance company enough that, once all of my hoops were jumped through, it only took 3 days to get approval from Aetna - no comorbidities, but a BMI of around 60. It's Dr. Noyan in Hamilton, NJ.

Nannette
on 2/11/10 11:24 pm - Toms River, NJ
Dr Onopchenko's practice in Atlantic City takes medicare -- they are also a Center of Excellence!

Nannette
Lap RNY 6/16/03
Revise to DS 8/15/11

(deactivated member)
on 2/12/10 4:42 am
Thank you Nanette- I have an apt. with Dr. Onopchenko March 8th for my initial consult!  As I stuff my fat face and 3 chins I look at your photos and how far you've come and I am just in awe. You look FANTASTIC. I'm a Bronx baby before moving to NJ- and I had lived in Toms RIver when I was married 5 years ago. Now I am in Jackson, about 12 miles up the road. I will keep you posted, and feel free to share any advice you can with what's about to come. I'm scared, but I want to be happy and healthy before any more time passes. Congratulations again- you look wonderful...

Warmly,
Donna
[email protected]
Nannette
on 2/12/10 5:28 am - Toms River, NJ
When you are approved for surgery, make sure you come to one of our OCWLS Support Groups -- we have two -- one in Toms River that I facilitate, and one in Lakewood that Mike Rosen facilitates --

good luck on your consult.  Dr O rocks!

Hugs,
Nannette

Nannette
Lap RNY 6/16/03
Revise to DS 8/15/11

(deactivated member)
on 2/12/10 8:31 am
Thank you Nannette :) I'm ready to do this, now the journey to stay the course..

I look forward to the day when I come to you with news of insurance approval. Toms River and Lakewood are both close, so hopefully this will move along swiftly and I shall meet you soon..  Support is so vital during this time. I thank you again for the invite. :)

Enjoy your weekend~

Donna  :)
Krissy
on 2/14/10 9:15 pm - Cranford, NJ
Hi Donna!

Congrats on your decision to have WLS! Im sorry I cant answer your question but I am here to give you support ;)  Let us know how your consult goes! Lots of luck to you and keep us posted on your progress...good ...even the bad...were here for ya! Its never too early to join a support group either...they are your foundation!!  {{hugs}}
~Krissy

(deactivated member)
on 2/15/10 1:43 am
Thank you lovely Krissy~ just responding to my post means more than you know. I'd love to attend a support meeting now as I've hybernated enough to make a bear jealous.  If you can guide me to where I can find these meetings I would be forever grateful. Again, many thanks and you look fan freaking tastic..

Hugs,
Donna
Most Active
Recent Topics