Surgery Date MBs

XOXOXO
on 2/6/10 8:10 am, edited 1/1/23 6:41 am

XOXOXO
on 2/8/10 11:39 am
Krissy
on 2/14/10 10:16 pm - Cranford, NJ
Interesting & enlightening thoughts Ro... i wasnt avid in the online support group MB's however the same goes for monthly support groups. I needed "real people in the real world", that is what helped me get over my co-dependency issue. I have been involved in support groups  before having my wls surgery over 7 years ago.  I have met truly amazing people over the years and they all have left a footprint on my heart. Life's journeys takes us in all different directions. 

I recently learned that because of my wls success I have been the envy of some peers. Or that when people walk into my support group that have never met me ask me what am i doing here? this skinny girl doesnt belong here....i kid you not!

I was MIA for almost 2 years while I dealt with severe iron deficiency anemia, only very few people from my group actually stayed in touch with me during that time. My surgeon did not replace my position as facilitator of his SG so we went from a group of 75-100...(yes 75 was our average) to nothing..no meetings at all.. So what did I do? Started over... we now have a great new group mostly of both banders & RNY's but we all have a common denominator...wls support.

I am happy to have met you and I hope that your mind will soon ease with the mourning of your group and that I hope you soon meet many more people here! We all need a little TLC. I hope i've filled yours for the day xoxoxox

~Krissy

XOXOXO
on 2/15/10 11:02 pm, edited 2/15/10 11:11 pm
Most Active
Recent Topics