RWJ Hamilton Gym

LesshugeinNJ
on 1/29/10 1:16 pm
Just a recommendation for anyone who lives in or near Hamilton. The Robert Wood Johnson Gym is fantastic (Sloane Rd, near the AMC 24 cinema). It has a rehab center in it, and the trainers know how to deal with people who are huge, old, injured, simply out of shape, in shape wanting to get better, and so on - usually, gyms I've been to in the past had trainers who could get fit people more fit, and that was about it. Free assessments and personal trainer sessions. Free health screening with an on-site nurse. Lots of classes from nutrition to fitness to general health. A large workout room with lots of machines and some free weights.

The best part? The people who work out there generally are not hardbodies looking to get even more huge, although there are a few of those. I started going to this place at 445#, and did not feel awkward at all - no staring, and the machines had the capacity to hold me.

It is a little more expensive than some places (~$64/mo), but there is no long term contract - an initial fee, monthly fee, and you can stop any time without penalties.

I don't work there, I've just been so impressed that I had to say something about it.

davis77
on 1/20/15 3:05 pm

I was at dr. noyan's support group tonight, and I tried to get a quote. They wanted me to go for a 45 minute tour. I went through it years ago, it was like he was trying to sell me a timeshare. Beautiful place,  but I don't need the sales nonsense...

Sheri A.
on 1/31/10 11:22 am
I belong to RWJ Fitness in Scotch Plains...it's an amazing facility and I agree with the previous poster...you don't have to have the perfect body to go here...there are people of all ages, shapes and sizes. What I like about the place is that there is something for everyone, machines, classes, pool and you can do everything and try everything. Many of my bariatric friends belong and we all love it. I enjoy the classes, yoga, pilates, zumba, groove, dance and have made some wonderful friends. Yes, there is a joiner's fee but it was worth it...I've been a member for 2 1/2 years and still enjoy it.
Most Active
Recent Topics