2 year Band-versary

Tom C.
on 1/29/10 1:18 am, edited 1/29/10 1:39 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

I was reluctant to write this, because I hate to seem boastful, but a few folks here said it may be beneficial to others – so here it is.

Two years ago today I finally took control of my own life, and had the Realize band operation. My Doctor was phenomenal, and the operation was flawless. I was home that same day, basically pain-free. Within 3 days I was back to “semi-normal". I mean semi-normal because I no longer had my hunger desires. The old Tom Casola died on the table, and a new one was born.

Well two years later, and I am happier than I have ever been. I am down 180 pound from when I started. Who would have thunk it?!?!?!? I will be honest, the fear of returning to 435 pounds remains constant with me every day – and I am happy for it. That fear keeps me “honest" and “focused".

But it’s not so much the lost that I celebrate, but all the GAINS !! I have gained: confidence; self worth; relationships (old and new); a wonderful group of friend from the boards and support groups; wonderful outlook on life and the future. It’s funny, every day I am glad to be “a loser" and “a gainer"!!

Thank you all who have, and continue to help me along this journey. I know I wouldn’t have been this successful without the help !!

Well thanks for taking time and reading this. I hope it’s not to self-serving !!

Know I am here for you !!! And as I say, I will be saving you a seat on the loser’s bench in our winner’s circle !!

Sincerely,

Tom Casola

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
knailnhair
on 1/29/10 1:53 am - Milford, NJ

WHOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Happy Bandiversary Honey!!!!  I'm so proud of all the accomplishments you made. You are an amazing mentor and man. Be proud of yourself today and everyday!!!

You're my inspiration!!!

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

Considering_It
on 1/29/10 5:40 am
Congrats Tom!  Thanks so much for sharing your enthusiasm and experience - it keeps me hopeful for my own sucess!
XOXOXO
on 1/29/10 8:23 am
Chopper1
on 1/29/10 6:36 pm
 Tom,

Congratulations!!!  You accomplishment is so awesome.  You have a lot to be proud of.

Geoff

hockeymom8016
on 1/29/10 11:42 pm - NJ
Congratulations Tom!

(deactivated member)
on 1/30/10 9:15 am - Piscataway, NJ
Congratulations Tom! I remember you were the first person on the boards who helped with a question I had. You were so supportive and helpful when I needed it. As we spoke more and more, you became a true inspiration to me.  Now fast forward 7 months and I consider you a good friend! May your success continue for the rest of your life, you definitely deserve it!!! - Nance
snedly318
on 1/30/10 2:01 pm - Mine Hill, NJ
Congrats again Tom!!! It was great meeting you at the support group mtg on Wed.  You are truly an inspiration and it isn't selfish for you to celebrate!!!

We are all celebrating with you!!

Karen aka Snedly318
Snedly318
Benzee
on 2/1/10 10:35 am - Highland Mills , NY
Congrats buddy!!

I too have a similar story , it will be two yrs on March 6th with the band.
Down about 185 from a starting weight very close to yours.

Congrats to you

Erwin
Krissy
on 2/1/10 11:18 am - Cranford, NJ
Congratulations on this amazing achievement. You have proven time and time again what hard work and dedication can produce. I wish you the best of luck and am sure you will continue to do what it is you always have: Put your heart and soul into everything you do

Congratulations on your continued success!!
~Krissy

Most Active
Recent Topics