Another successful Inconvenient Get Together !!

Tom C.
on 1/26/10 8:31 pm, edited 1/26/10 8:32 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

A fun time was had by all 19 of us!! As a group, we lost a total of 1818 pounds, and as fate would have it, we met a person who just had bypass done and his total brought us up to 1850 !! WOW !! WHAT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT !!

As always, the get together had folks who were thinking about it, folks who will have the surgery in a few DAYS, folks who JUST had the surgery, and folks who have been on this journey for a while.

The food was good, but the COMPANY was better!! We shared stories, and had a good laugh or two (or six). I do know that by the end of the night some folks did GAIN – a new friend or two (or six).

Then next meeting is scheduled for March 16th, and will be for our “southern" folks. We’re planning on having it at Mastoris’ restaurant, in Bordentown (http://www.mastoris.com/)

Hope to youse there !!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
(deactivated member)
on 1/26/10 9:48 pm - Piscataway, NJ
 Tom, as always, thanks so much for coordinating these get-togethers. I always have a great time!

I personally think no matter how 'inconvenient' the drive...it's so worth it because of the people you meet!! Everyone has a different journey, but this night, we all share the bond. We really have become a family, and I'm so thankful to each and every person I've met at these dates (although I have a tendency to wander off....)

I particularly love how the entire restaurant wonders whats going on, and then when they hear you speak the total weight lost, see your "suprise" (I dont wanna give it away for those who don't know), they all clap and cheer for the success of our group, jaws dropped open.  I also love educating people who know very little about the surgery (ie, Herman and Rose). They had no idea the "rubber band" could be so effective!! Yet their wishes for our continued group success were heartfelt.

I can't wait for the next one...and encourage anyone who can spare at least an hour drive to do it! You wont be sorry!!
knailnhair
on 1/26/10 11:32 pm - Milford, NJ
NANCE!!!! You need a pic on your profile!!! Come on sista!!!!

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

(deactivated member)
on 1/28/10 12:36 am - Piscataway, NJ
Yeah yeah yeah...
You do my hair, makeup and nails...clean me up nice, make me look as good as you,
and I'll think about it! :)
knailnhair
on 1/28/10 10:33 pm - Milford, NJ
Oh please, you look fabulous alll the time!!!! Just snap away!!!

Kimi

knailnhair
on 1/26/10 11:11 pm - Milford, NJ
I sooo agree with you!!!! It's amazing to see the other patron's suprise when we say how much we've lost!!!

This is a group that has truly melded with each other!!! I do consider these people my family! It's so nice to share something so personal with people who "get you"...they know what you mean even if you have an expression on your face!

I will drive anywhere to attend any one of these!!! These are lifesavers to me!!!

Kimi

gracy72
on 1/27/10 3:20 am - newark, NJ
Sorry I had to miss anyother one - I have no idea where Bordentown is, but I will make an attempt for March!  Glad you guys had fun!
Who says you can't win for losing! Gracy 

HW/SW/CW/GW
286/242/196/150 

My jouney has led me to this amazing place known as onederland....now that I am here I refuse to leave - EVER! ~ July 28, 2010

Adios to the BIG 9-0 look out 100 here I come!

JenY718
on 1/28/10 8:19 pm - NJ

FYI - Bordentown is right near Trenton.  It takes me about 45 minutes of the NJ Turnpike to get to Newark Airport.

Jenn Y.

pinkfrogg67
on 1/27/10 7:43 pm
Hellooooooooooooooooooo  all!!!  
Wowwwwwwwwwwwwww  I  finally made it to the  "New Jersey"  forum  yayyyy  I was actually goin on the  main boards this whole time....    now that I know some people here... I will try to  come on more often :)    I had a GREAt time the other night......   someone will have to tell me about the meetings in Wegmans in Woodbridge also...  Have a GREEEEAT  day  everyone!

~APRIL
(deactivated member)
on 1/28/10 12:39 am - Piscataway, NJ
Yay you!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics