Moved to NJ from FL

Surrealistmyst
on 1/25/10 5:41 am - NJ
I had RY in FL on Oct 6 2009 and I'm just wondering if there are any drs that would pick up where my RNY dr left off.  Every 6 months we need to have our blood taken to check our levels, and since I'm not 6 months out yet (will be in April) I was curious if there would be a dr in NJ who would see me every 6 months.
I live in the Depford NJ area.

Thanks!

PreOp SW: 268
SW:248 (On the day of surgery 10.6.09)
CW:155
GW:140

Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker
(deactivated member)
on 1/25/10 7:58 am - NJ
Welcome to the garden state!!  

What you might want to do is contact your insurance company (or go to their website) and see what doctors are in your network then call the office to see if they will take you on, or least find yourself a PCP and maybe he or she can recommend someone to you!

Tom C.
on 1/26/10 3:15 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

Jennifer is correct – depends on your insurance.

Here is a link of NJ Bariatric Surgeons

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/NJ/a,doclisting/type,46/

Of course, if you insurance company permits, I would strongly suggest Advance Laparoscopic Surgeons. But, I am biased :D !!

Know I am here if you need anything else !!

And welcome to the Garbage .. err .. Garden State !!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
ruxanby
on 1/26/10 10:18 pm
Welcome to NJ!  I too agree that you should contact your insurance.  Perhaps if you had a list of names to start with you could post them...just a thought.  
Sheri F.   
LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

allisarin
on 1/26/10 10:45 pm - Bayonne, NJ
Welcome to NJ. It's a great state no matter what anyone says. Hope to meet you at one of the support meeting or get together we have.

merlinspride
on 2/14/10 7:37 am - lindenwold, NJ
 HI...I am in Lindenwold, about 10 minutes from Deptford.  Of course, you will have to check with your insurance, but I see Dr Marc Neff out of Cherry Hill.  He is great, very professional, knowledgable and has a great bedside manner.  I havent updated my ticker in a while, but I had VSG with him last March and everything has gone great, I am down 118lbs.  He even has a support group in Washington Township/Turnersville.

Good LUck!!!
Steph
Stephanie

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow...

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wmLatAp/] [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wmLatAp/weight.png[/img] [/url]
Renfairewench
on 3/1/10 8:30 am

You could try Dr. Greenbaum or Dr. Wasser in Willingboro, NJ.  Both doctors perform RNY. Dr. Greenbaum and Dr. Wasser are both wonderful.

Here is the office information:

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

Most Active
Recent Topics