5 Month Post Op Update

Brendan 2 Years :)
on 1/22/10 9:04 am
Well... I don't post that often here but I ead the board fairly often and use the main chatroom quite a bit.  I just thought i'ld throw out my 5 month update.  I had RNY surgery on August 10th with Dr. Iannace with ALS in Florham Park.  Things have gone very smoothly thus far.  I'm down 123 lbs since surgery and I lost 25 lbs pre-op.  So, total I'm down 148 lbs.  My starting BMI was 60+ and its now down to 44.5.  I still have a ways to go but... I think its a pretty good start.  I'm so much more active.  I'm able to do so much more with my sons who are ages 10 and 5.  I'm excersising regularly and actually enjoying it.   .... and My boys want to be more active with me :)  Weight loss has slowed down a bit but I hear thats to be expected.  I'm still looking for a local support group in North West NJ.  I'm in the Hackettstown area.  They all seem to be 45min to an hour east of hear.  If anyone knows of one please let me knw. 

Well... Thanks for listening and will post updates soon :)

Brendan

Considering_It
on 1/22/10 10:19 am
Congrats!  What a great update :)
I'd be interested in a support group closer to home as well - I'm in Sussex County.
shanaduck
on 1/22/10 9:53 pm - Lopatcong, NJ
Hi Brendan,

It's great to see you are doing so well.  I went to my first support group meeting the other night at Easton Hospital.  My surgeons are the same office as yours, but that's a hike for me.  The group at Easton was really nice and it was a great meeting, i got a lot out of it.  Might not be too far for you...

Elizabeth
            Surgery Weight  (1/25/10) 265 - Current Weight - 184 1/1/12 - Goal ????
Most Active
Recent Topics