First Fill

gracy72
on 1/6/10 6:26 am - newark, NJ
Happy New year OH!

Going in on Monday for my first fill - what should I  expect?  Does the needle hurt?  Will I be able to eat after?  I know I am in the honeymoon phase right now as I have no restriction and can frankly eat like I did pre-surgery - I am looking forward to really getting all the benefits of my new tool - just wondering what to expect
Who says you can't win for losing! Gracy 

HW/SW/CW/GW
286/242/196/150 

My jouney has led me to this amazing place known as onederland....now that I am here I refuse to leave - EVER! ~ July 28, 2010

Adios to the BIG 9-0 look out 100 here I come!

Tom C.
on 1/6/10 5:35 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Not a lot of pain. You hardly feel the needle. You'll be on liquids for 24 hours. Good luck
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
knailnhair
on 1/6/10 11:26 pm - Milford, NJ
Hey Grace....ok here's the skinny from someone who HATES needles.

The needle to numb you stings a bit when the numbing juice goes in, nothing major. Then when they put the 2 foot needle in to do the fill...LOL, only kidding. You just feel pushing, NO PAIN, then they fill'er up and you feel like a "pop" sensation when he pulls the needle out. Are you having it done under fluro? Best way IMO!

Good luck and keep us posted!!!

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

gracy72
on 1/6/10 11:40 pm - newark, NJ
Thanks Tom and Kim.  I have no idea Kim if it will be under fluro? - God I hope so!  Probably not a smart move for a needle phob to have a band that needs to be injected  periodically, but I will bring a blindfold- as long as I don't see the needle I should be fine - yikes!
Who says you can't win for losing! Gracy 

HW/SW/CW/GW
286/242/196/150 

My jouney has led me to this amazing place known as onederland....now that I am here I refuse to leave - EVER! ~ July 28, 2010

Adios to the BIG 9-0 look out 100 here I come!

knailnhair
on 1/6/10 11:51 pm - Milford, NJ
That's what I thought too Grace...I don't look and I make Tommy go with me so I can squeeze his hand, but he's usually behind the machine and can't, so I grip the bed till my knuckles turn white LOL. Dr. Abkin says does it hurt and I tell him no, he says why are you trying to break the table than....LOL

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

allisarin
on 1/7/10 1:46 am - Bayonne, NJ
I have it done many time without the florascope. I did not hurt just a small push. You will be fine. Linda
GntleJ
on 1/7/10 5:06 pm
I just had my 3rd fill on 1/4 and it is mostly just a pinch you feel.. I say the most pain you will go through is sitting in the waiting room and thinking about what will happen... Once you are in it only takes 2 minutes... So dont sweat it and welcome to the gang..
Most Active
Recent Topics