Band Complication?????

snedly318
on 1/15/10 11:11 pm - Mine Hill, NJ

UPDATE!!!

Sorry this has taken so long.  I have been having computer problems.  Need a new one actually, it took about a half hour and multiple attempts to sign in to OH to make this post. 

Anyway, everything went smoothly at my visit with Dr. Abkin last week.  I think I really need to stick with seeing him (or Dr. Bertha), because I feel the information I got from him was more reassuring than the other doctor.  No infection or band slippage concerns per Dr. Abkin.  I may just be taking longer for skin healing at the port site because of a prior abdominoplasty (7 pounds of skin removed following RNY weightloss several years ago).  Anyway, he gave me a fill of 4cc, but I really need more.  I feel no restriction and haven't lost any weight in the past week.  I am starting to journal my intake again and increase fluids again.  I have been doing 10-12 hour shifts 5 days a week for the past few weeks and haven't gotten to the gym so that is a goal for today (that, new tires and an oil change!!!)

My next appt is in March and then the plan is to fill under flouro if necessary.  I am commited to having this band work for me and doing what I can to make that happen.

Thank you all for your replies - they really helped to keep me from freaking out.  Now I am dealing with Aetna "investigating the claim".

Thanks again!!! 
-Kar

Snedly318
Tom C.
on 1/15/10 11:19 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

Thanks for the update !! Glad to see it's was nothing !!

Know we're here for you ANYTIME !! Just reach out.

Keep us posted !!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active
Recent Topics