GOT PICS! Xmas' Before&After posted!

EmbodySuccess
on 12/30/09 12:06 pm - Roswell, GA
Go to my OH Profile & you'll see my just-uploaded ALBUM,
"Lauralyn's Christmas' 2002 ~ Now!"

Because I already had my surgery date, I knew Christmas 2002 would be my last in a plus-size body.
Coming up on my 7th POST-OP anniversary and I have NOT gained back any weight!
I am truly "at home" in a strong, healthy body after being a yo-yo dieter for most of my previous 50+ years prior to RNY in 2/03.
Wishing everyone a healthier, happier 2010!
Lauralyn

Lauralyn Bellamy, MA, MDIV, ct Dreamcoach
Self-sabotage stopped!
Learn more at: embodysuccesscoach.com

Barbi M.
on 12/31/09 1:09 am - Maplewood, NJ

Awesome and quite the inspiration to one like me who is just 2 months out. 
Happy New Year!

Barbi

EmbodySuccess
on 1/3/10 7:05 am - Roswell, GA
I know I messaged you, already, Barbi, but I want to say, "Thank you!" publicly to you for your generous words.
The only reason I post this album every New Year is to bear witness to the fact that one doesn't have to settle for gaining back some of the weight, much less half or more!
I remember at my official pre-op visit, my surgeon said he thought a successful outcome was losing 75% of my goal weight and not gaining back more than 10%.
I looked him in the eye and said I wasn't going through permanent surgery to be 75% successful or to gain back weight. He smiled patiently and said he hoped so...
So, each new year I hold myself accountable to me, God and my OH community and add some more photos.
Feel free to share this album with other WLS newbies, or those who have started to gain back the weight. They need to learn what I know!
 Lauralyn

Self-sabotage stopped!

Butterfly618
on 12/31/09 5:40 am - NJ

here they are 

"SUCCESS IS A LIFESTYLE, NOT A DIET"
Please visit my OH  Support group:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/allinthemind/welcome/

Where you will find helpful strategies to achieve you goals

Highest 325.7lbs Surgery 295lbs Current 244lbs 

Butterfly618
on 12/31/09 5:41 am - NJ
You look great congratulation.

"SUCCESS IS A LIFESTYLE, NOT A DIET"
Please visit my OH  Support group:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/allinthemind/welcome/

Where you will find helpful strategies to achieve you goals

Highest 325.7lbs Surgery 295lbs Current 244lbs 

EmbodySuccess
on 1/3/10 7:09 am - Roswell, GA

I'm genuinely touched by your generosity of spirit, Butterfly!
I hope those who are just starting out in WLS, as well as those 2-3 years out who are starting to slip/slide backwards will see my photos and read my blog articles and know there is someone who can help them succeed at permanent weight loss management so they're free to enjoy new dreams!
Lauralyn

Self-sabotage stopped!

AndresBerger
on 12/31/09 6:28 am
Wow, you really look great. Do you do any regular exercise? Congratulations and keep it up!
New Jersey Law Firm <----I work for these guys :)
EmbodySuccess
on 1/3/10 7:18 am - Roswell, GA
Yes and no!
Beginning after my 3wk. post-op check up with my surgeon, I began working out with a personal trainer at my nearby LA Fitness 3 half-hours per week. I've never stopped working out with a trainer but now it's two one-hour sessions.
I walk my retired racing grayhound, Rhonda, 3-4 X daily up and down the billygoat hills of our subdivision (there are no straightaways in our neighborhood), plus I'll do the recumbent bike for cardio 2-3 X wkly.
Thing is, I choose to get stronger and healthier by picking physical activities I enjoy. Life is too short to drrrraaaaag myself to some equipment; but I can walk a 15 min. mile with the best of 'em.
Central to all this is the whole notion of enjoying being physical and being aware of living through my physical body, rather than from the neck up.
Make sense to you?
Where are you in your weight loss journey, btw? Saw you just joined OH but nothing's on your profile.
How can this community support you?

Self-sabotage stopped!

XOXOXO
on 1/3/10 5:52 am
EmbodySuccess
on 1/3/10 7:19 am - Roswell, GA
THX "X!"
How 'bout you? Where are you in the WLS process?
How can we support you?
Best in 2010!
Lauralyn

Self-sabotage stopped!

Most Active
Recent Topics