WWSPD?

Tom C.
on 12/28/09 11:48 pm, edited 12/29/09 2:39 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Now that we’re ending one year, and looking forward towards another year some of us will continue to be concerned about our eating habits. Of course we need to stay diligent in following the rules set out for us especially eating all the correct foods. However, there may be occasions when we either overeat, or eat the wrong thing. Instead of beating ourselves up over it, we should stop and say WWSPD? .. What’s that ?!?!?!?  What Would “Skinny" People Do?  

The reality is even “Skinny" people “fall off the wagon" ONCE in a while. How they react to it is what’s really important. They check the scale, noticed they “gained some weight" and instead of feeling “defeated" and continue eating, they get “rejuvenated" and refocus their effort, and go back to the way of eating which keeps them “skinny". This is what we need to do/remember!!!  

When we eat something wrong, we need to realize it’s just a minor setback and quickly get back to “the basics".  Personally I try to “detox" by going through all the stages I went through when I first had the operation. Yes that means: liquids only then puree then soft food and back to solids. Yes it may take a week or two, but it reminds me (A) what got me “to the dance" (B) what is needed to be successful (C) this is my personal “penance" for overindulging (D) the next time I want to overeat am I willing to do this process ALL OVER AGAIN !! That’s ME – of course you need to do what is right for you.  

Bottom line, just remember everyone goes through slips and falls. How we react to them is IMPORTANT. We need to just get up, dust off the dirt, and continue down the road to success !!  

HAPPY NEW YEAR and I am hoping your 2010 is lighter and brighter then 2009 !!  

Tom

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Brendan 2 Years :)
on 12/29/09 11:45 am
Tom,

Thank You for your wisdom, guidance and inspiration. 

Happy New Year to you and your family :)

Brendan

cschoen
on 12/30/09 3:20 am - NJ
I'm not a skinny person - over 2 1/2 years out and I still have to look in the mirror several times to get what I see, understand when people tell me how "small" I am.....

Don't get me wrong, I think I look good, but I still am working on my head hunger/stress eating issues - probably always will. 

I see what "skinny" people eat, how they eat, a combination of casual selection and stopping when full, as well as no mania about when and what they'll eat.  I'd LOVE to get rid of those issues, but right now, I'm grateful I have the tools that, at least physically, help me think along those lines.

For me, at least, it's a matter of being mindful until, someday (with the help of G-d, my surgeon, nutritionist and support - both my group and here on OH) I'll be able to be a bit more level-headed about the whole food thing.

Until then, you're right - it's a good way to phrase the quest for a bit more normal relationship with food, but that's still a ways away, and I appreciate your posting this.

(When are you coming to our support group meeting!!!???)

Cyndi

Cyndi, Leader, OH Groups,
Northern NJ Stalwarts
and (the slow-growing) Keeping It Kosher After WLS

"I want my unwarranted optimism back!" Dilbert

Most Active
Recent Topics