gaining back some weight

SPK398
on 12/20/09 8:12 am - NJ
i had my surgery 3/07 the most weight i lost was 70lbs i have regained about 24 back this is very depressing i have switched my Dr. any advice. i dont walk as much as i would like to i'll be honest i dont like to walk in the cold plain and simple .however i am getting very frustrated with the weight gain.i could use some helpful advice or insight

thanks
Sean
(deactivated member)
on 12/20/09 10:21 am - NJ

Maybe you need a tweak of a fill?  
SPK398
on 12/21/09 5:05 am - NJ
Jennifer i've had 2 sinch sept and i'm going in 2 weeks for another
(deactivated member)
on 12/21/09 7:54 am - NJ
I actually had the band before my RNY, so I know your pain.  I got the band in June 2008, got my first fill in October, which made the reflux get worse, then another in December and that was when I started puking all the time.  Got an emergency unfill, then was empty for like 3 weeks and got another in Feb.  The reflux was in full gear before I left the hospital.

It was at that point my doctor said it would have to come out, because I was one of the few who's reflux got worse, instead of better, with the band.  And, I only lost give or take 20 pounds while suffering through that to boot!

I had it out in March, let my stomach heal up a bit and had the RNY in April.  I have lost almost 90 pounds since, and I have not had reflux AT ALL!

Since it was medically necessary to be revised (and I was still of a high enough BMI), my insurance covered it (thankfully).  My insurance would not have covered the revision for simply not losing weight.  Not that I am glad to have gone through all of that, but I am very lucky and grateful that it was covered.

How much do you have in your band?  The highest I ever made it was 5.9 cc in a 10 cc Allergan Lap Band.

One of my best friends has lost 100 pounds with her band, and she has had her band since October 2008, and her band cured her reflux.

Hang in there!
reillye
on 12/28/09 9:54 am
I hate to say it, but the band is not a magic bullet.  The way to lose weight is to eat less and move more.  If you don't like walking, perhaps now is time to join a gym.  Get a fitness buddy.  Are you eating <= 1 cup at a meal?  Waiting for full signs?  Not drinking 1/2 hr before and after eating?  All those things help!

Best of luck to you.  I know it's hard!

Eileen
Tom C.
on 12/28/09 10:08 pm, edited 12/28/09 10:12 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Sean,

Every time I see this I need to ask: Are you following the rules set out by your Doctor and/or Nutritionists? Are you exercising? Have you had a fill? Do you go to support groups?

Please know I am here to help. Feel free to contact me, and if you don't mind the "tough love" maybe we can figure out what is going on.

Best to you, and let's hope 2010 is lighter then 2009 :D !!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active
Recent Topics