Sushimi anyone?

Barbi M.
on 12/15/09 11:31 pm - Maplewood, NJ
I am almost at 8 weeks out and wondered if anyone has eaten sushimi at this stage.  I was told no raw fish the first month.  I will ask my nutritionist but just wanted some advice from the experts here on the message board.
Barbi
Karen B.
on 12/16/09 5:23 am - Lawrenceville, NJ
It took several months before I could handle fish of any kind.  It would pass the "softness" test, but seafood made me sick for months.  Just recently can I even consider things like smoked salmon - and then very little of  it.
 So far, so good.

Barbi M.
on 12/17/09 3:20 am - Maplewood, NJ
Thanks Karen for your input on this.

Brendan 2 Years :)
on 12/17/09 2:05 am
Barbi,

Certainly speaking with your Nutritionist is the right thing to do.  Especially with raw food.  I once heard this called Bariatric Roulette. LOL.  In many ways its true.  Everyone seems to react to things so differently.  Personally... Knock on wood.  I don't seem to have a problem with anything.  Except if I eat to quickly.  I'm 4 months out.  Our stage is very much a try and see approach.  I've even heard... If it doesn't agree with you now... Don't give up.  Try it a couple of weeks or months later and you may have a much different result.

I hope my rambling helps a little.  Keep up the GREAT WORK.

Brendan

Barbi M.
on 12/17/09 3:15 am - Maplewood, NJ

Thanks Brendan your rambling was just what I needed.  Getting feedback and support is what this is all about.  You keep up the great work too!
Barbi

Nannette
on 12/17/09 10:08 pm - Toms River, NJ
I was eating sushimi as soon as I was cleared for solids -- it went down easy and tasted good and all protein!  Only thing was I had to cut it up in little pieces -- those chunks they serve you are too big for your little pouch at one time.  As long as you can tolerate it -- Enjoy!

Hugs,
Nannette

Nannette
Lap RNY 6/16/03
Revise to DS 8/15/11

Most Active
Recent Topics