What can I eat for Christmas???

gracy72
on 12/12/09 6:58 am - newark, NJ
I need some ideas from the pros...

By Christmas Eve I will be on purreed foods - now being an Italian from Jersey - my house will be the usual bounty of the sea that is is every year on Christmas Eve (ah well there is always next year) - I have my cousin making me some Lobster Bisque - so I am covered there.

What can I make for myself to bring to my Aunt's on Christmas day so I know that I will have something to eat?

I welcome all ideas and recipes!

Thanks!
Who says you can't win for losing! Gracy 

HW/SW/CW/GW
286/242/196/150 

My jouney has led me to this amazing place known as onederland....now that I am here I refuse to leave - EVER! ~ July 28, 2010

Adios to the BIG 9-0 look out 100 here I come!

jerseyjuji
on 12/12/09 11:12 am
stuffed shells and eat the insides?
SF Jello-Fruit Salad?
knailnhair
on 12/13/09 10:07 pm - Milford, NJ
I, too, loved the insides of stuffed shells. I would mix sauce, ricotta and mozz cheese and eat that! Loved it!

Oh take some leftover Bisque!!!

SF Jello or Pudding are always good!

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

yex1
on 12/14/09 12:33 am - NJ
custard or pudding pie?

"Nobody trips over mountains.  It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble.  Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain. "

"Look at a stone cutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it.  Yet at the hundred-and-first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not the last blow that did it, but all that had gone before."  ~Jacob A. Riis

Sheri A.
on 12/19/09 10:33 pm
you can puree some chicken or just get some canned chicken, add a bit of mayo and puree in food processor. you can also make a sweet potato casserole and bring that too. boil some sweet potatoes, add butter, cinnamon, sf caramel syrup, mash and bake for about 30 min. you should be good to go there. i make this dish for my family and they love it!
Butterfly618
on 12/23/09 1:51 am - NJ
My Dr. told me that I could have Manicotti in a crape shell. You can get the crape shells at Wegmens in the fruit and vegetable section fill with your cheese add sauce and enjoy something special for the day. Or you can make the shells your self see below.

Fresh-Made Manicotti Crepes Shells
1 jar of store bought tomato sauce (any kind you like).

Ingredients

* 1 cup flour
* 1 cup milk
* 1 beaten egg
* 1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions

1. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, blending and stirring until you have a smooth batter.
2. Place a small 6 inch non-stick skillet over moderate heat. Spray with Pam
3. Ladle out 1/4 cup batter into the heated pan, and swirl to cover the bottom.
4. The crepe should set almost instantly.
5. As soon as the edges begin to dry and pull away from the pan, remove the crepe (this can be done with the fingers) and turn it over allowing the other side to cook quickly.
6. This should only take seconds.

This is really a crepe and not a shell, to be used in your favorite manicotti or cannelloni recipes. These are tender, and in my opinion the flavor is nicer than store-bought. Simply place the filling in the center of each crepe vertically, then bring each place seam-side down in your baking dish. Voila! You have a filled manicotti with none of the time and mess associated with trying to stuff a store-bought shell. I find this method a lot more fun ! Add sauce to bottom of pan and pure over top to make soft and enjoyable to eat for us banders.

Merry Christmas I hope to see you at the next incovenient gathering in January
Filling
8 ounces Low Fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
15 ounces Low Fat ricotta cheese,
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 egg
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Combine cheeses, parsley, egg, salt and pepper for filling; spoon into manicotti in single layer over sauce on bottom of 9x13-inch baking pan; arrange manicotti in single layer over sauce. Cover with remaining sauce. Cover with aluminum foil; bake at 350 F. for about 40 minutes.

Remove foil; bake 15 minutes longer. 6 to 8 servings.

Note: *Cottage cheese may be substituted.
32 ounces spaghetti sauce

"SUCCESS IS A LIFESTYLE, NOT A DIET"
Please visit my OH  Support group:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/allinthemind/welcome/

Where you will find helpful strategies to achieve you goals

Highest 325.7lbs Surgery 295lbs Current 244lbs 

gracy72
on 12/27/09 9:50 am - newark, NJ
 Thanks for the recipe and all the suggestions - - I just happen to be  the manicotti queen - have been making my own for years!  and I did make them for Christmas(as well as a tray for the freezer)- they were delish!  Honestly - I ate much more than I thought I could for Christmas - kinda disappointed - I have no restriction whatsoever right now - can't wait for that first fill!

I hope to see you in January as well!

HW/SW/CW/GW
286/242/196/150 

My jouney has led me to this amazing place known as onederland....now that I am here I refuse to leave - EVER! ~ July 28, 2010

knailnhair
on 12/27/09 11:51 pm - Milford, NJ
One thing Tommy and I talked about over this holiday is that while we ate more than we should've since having the band....we were happy that we ate LESS than when we didn't have the band! Just another way of looking at things.....

Glad you had a great holiday!!!

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

gracy72
on 12/28/09 8:36 pm - newark, NJ
You and Tommy always have a great perspective - thanks for bringing me back! 

HW/SW/CW/GW
286/242/196/150 

Butterfly618
on 12/28/09 2:01 am - NJ
OK Monicotti Queen with frozen monicotti's in freezer when are you available to have DH and I over for dinner. We can make it any Saturday in January

"SUCCESS IS A LIFESTYLE, NOT A DIET"
Please visit my OH  Support group:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/allinthemind/welcome/

Where you will find helpful strategies to achieve you goals

Highest 325.7lbs Surgery 295lbs Current 244lbs 

Most Active
Recent Topics