Insurance nightmare!

Considering_It
on 12/9/09 8:29 am
After fulfilling every requirement, jumping through every hoop, and  getting all my info submitted for approval last Friday.....I found out my insurance is changing to a completely different company in January!  OMG

Seems like there is someone from DH's work who will hand walk all my info to the new insurance for consideration of Band Surgery....so hopefully I won't have to do my 6 month wait and all that other stuff ALL. OVER. AGAIN.

gracy72
on 12/11/09 7:17 am - newark, NJ
Same happended to us - luckily I was able to get my surgery in (yesterday) but my husband is still in his 6 mo window - the new insurance has a barriatric exclusion so I  wound up picked up my insurance just so Jeff's surgery would be covered next year - another expense we don;t need, but better than paying out of pocket.

Good luck! 
Who says you can't win for losing! Gracy 

HW/SW/CW/GW
286/242/196/150 

My jouney has led me to this amazing place known as onederland....now that I am here I refuse to leave - EVER! ~ July 28, 2010

Adios to the BIG 9-0 look out 100 here I come!

Tom C.
on 12/11/09 7:40 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
I would think that since you already did the 6 months, and have all the documentation, it should be ok. I would (A) speak to your Doctor's office since they should know (this is probably somewhat common) (B) can you do your surgery by the end of the year and/or before the switch?
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Considering_It
on 12/11/09 9:03 pm
On December 12, 2009 at 3:40 AM Pacific Time, tcasola wrote:
I would think that since you already did the 6 months, and have all the documentation, it should be ok. I would (A) speak to your Doctor's office since they should know (this is probably somewhat common) (B) can you do your surgery by the end of the year and/or before the switch?
My surgical coordinator just faxed me the info I needed to pass off to the itermediary.  She really had no information about situations like mine. 

It's doubtful I can get it in by the end of the year - HBCBS knows they aren't responsible for my care starting 1/1/10,  they can save their company a chunk of change by just dragging out the "approval".  Also, I would be concerned how "fills" would be covered by my new insurance....Anyway, I am going on a cruise next week, and that cuts out an entire 8 days my stomach would be around for banding. LOL

I'm just going to sit tight, and keep my fingers crossed.

Most Active
Recent Topics