Post Op - 3 Month Update :)

Brendan 2 Years :)
on 12/6/09 12:14 am
Hey All,

I haven't posted in a while but thought i'ld post a 3 month post RNY upadate.  Well, actually its 3 Months - 3 Weeks.  I just went for my 3 Month update with Advanced Laprascopic Surgeons - Dr. Bertha, Dr. Abkin and Dr. Iannace.  Dr. Iannace and Dr. Bertha did my surgery (Shamless Plug) LOL.  I have to say 3 months out they have done a FANTASTIC job !!!  I've had no dumping issues and only trown up 3 times (from eating to fast).  Here's the BIG NEWS - I'm down 96 lbs since surgery and I lost 25 lbs pre-surgery, so, I'm down 125 lbs since June !! I'm feeling sooooo much better.  3 Months ago every joint in my body hurt.  Now I have little to no joint pain.  My back rarley hurts.  I'm so much more active.  I'm excersising regularly.  This morning I did 22 Minutes on the treadmill at 2.7 MPH and 15 minutes on the Bowflex.  I've been shooting hoops and at the batting cage (yes, actually in the batting cage) with my two sons of 10 and 5.  I still have a ways to go, but its a really good start. 

Thanks all for listening.  Didn't mean to be long winded but... I'm pretty excited.

Brendan

shanaduck
on 12/6/09 12:58 am - Lopatcong, NJ
Hey Brendan,

My date with Dr. Bertha is on 1/25/10, and I must say, you're an inspiration.  Congratulations on your success, I know you've been working hard, and you're setting a great example.  Way to go!!

Elizabeth
            Surgery Weight  (1/25/10) 265 - Current Weight - 184 1/1/12 - Goal ????
marie M.
on 12/6/09 1:27 pm - SOUTH PLAINFIELD, NJ
Congratulations, my surgery is in January.  I hope and pray it will be as successful as yours. 
Considering_It
on 12/6/09 8:47 pm
Wow!  Congrats to you :)
(deactivated member)
on 12/7/09 6:32 am - Piscataway, NJ
 Holy cheese Brendan, thats fantastic! You've lost an incredible amount of weight, and sounds as though you're not ready to stop! I had my surgery two months before you and haven't lost as much as you have...so good for you, you're doing amazing! Congratulations and keep it up!
Brendan 2 Years :)
on 12/7/09 1:14 pm

Thank you so much for the compliments :)  Remember I started at a MUCH higher weight than you.  I have much more to loose than you. Remember its a game of averages.  Keep up the GREAT WORK !!!

Brendan 

knailnhair
on 12/7/09 8:50 pm - Milford, NJ
Way to go Brendan!!!! Keep up the great job!!! Aren't those docs amazing!!! Best there is...in my opinion...LOL

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

Tom C.
on 12/11/09 11:00 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Hey you BIG LOSER CONGRATS on your success (so far). So proud of you !! Keep up the great work, and post more often. You're an inspiration to many !!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
ebonyfigueroa
on 12/17/09 11:14 am
omg good luck to u  
Most Active
Recent Topics