Exercise in the winter months....

knailnhair
on 11/22/09 11:13 pm - Milford, NJ
Exercise....in the winter! Or when it's dark outside...

I love to walk outside....now that its dark when I get home, I find myself not doing any exercise and I'm tired of it. I have a treadmill but literally despise walking on it. Just will not do it. Sooo I'm wondering if anyone has any good video's they can recommend? Or any other types of indoor activities to get me thru the winter...we also have the Wii.

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

yex1
on 11/23/09 12:11 am - NJ
Zumba is a fun video series.

"Nobody trips over mountains.  It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble.  Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain. "

"Look at a stone cutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it.  Yet at the hundred-and-first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not the last blow that did it, but all that had gone before."  ~Jacob A. Riis

Sheri A.
on 11/23/09 12:41 am
Waling outside or on a treadmill does get boring. For 5 years before surgery I did Curves and enjoyed it. Continued for 7 months post op, then joined a gym. Started doing treadmills, machines and found the elliptical...then that got boring too. I tried zumba and loved it. Now I take dance classes. Dancing is fun and you don't need special skill to do it. You move to the beat of the music. Try zumba.com to find classes near you. You can do it on a drop in basis. If you are tired of walking, it's time to try something else. Exercise is crucial to be successful in losing and keeping your weight off. You have to find something you like and do it 5 times a week!

Good luck.

knailnhair
on 11/23/09 1:48 am - Milford, NJ
Thanks ladies...I've never tried zumba...I'm going to check it out!!! Sounds like fun!!!

Kimi

Sheri A.
on 11/23/09 8:24 am
Once you try it you will get hooked.
knailnhair
on 11/23/09 10:57 pm - Milford, NJ
I went on the zumba.com website last night...there is a class not even 3 miles from my house on Monday nights...I emailed the instructor and she gave me all the details!!! I'm soo excited, going to try and hit up the one next Monday!

Thanks for the great suggestion!

Kimi

Sheri A.
on 11/24/09 12:44 am
great, kimi, i'm glad there's a drop in class near you. let me know how you like it.

as for hip hop abs, try a website called deepdiscounts.com....they have lots of exercise videos cheap with free shipping!
Purple Passion
on 11/23/09 11:48 pm - Little Falls, NJ
RNY on 08/06/07 with
I love Hip Hop Abs.  It's a fun workout.
I found it on Ebay really cheap.

Rachelle
Looking for a possible revision.
257/190/150 

adam_
on 11/26/09 11:08 pm - Boynton Beach, FL
go to the mall and do laps...just leave the credit card at home!

-Adam - 6'6" - From 450 lbs to GOAL in 9 months...
Phase 1: Completed 10/2008.
Phase 2: Weightlifting - Goal: Add 40 lbs of muscle. Completed 2/15/2011.
Phas 3: Cut to 10% body fat.
MY STORY:  imthebiggestloser.blogspot.com/

Most Active
Recent Topics