Weigh****chers

sweetaim2
on 11/20/09 9:00 am - Monmouth Junction, NJ
Hi,
I have been trying to drop another 15lbs and having problems. I thought I would try weigh****chers - has anyone with WLS been successful and was the diet altered for you?

~Amy
Chopper1
on 11/20/09 7:17 pm
Hi Amy,

I am an ex-WW leader.  I have been so successful with WW over the past 40 years and I know that their plan is a guide, as everyone's body is different.  You should be able to modifiy what your eating and find out what works for you.

Good luck with the 15!!

Geoff

Tom C.
on 11/20/09 7:51 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Amy,

I personally don't have any issues against Weigh****chers, or Jenny Craig or any plan like that .. however (there is always an however) one nutritionists at one of the support groups I go to say these plans aren't good for bariatric patients. They limit too much protein. Again, this is one person's view.

I have two suggestions (OK, maybe 3) -- Speak to your Doctor or do a follow-up visit with your nutritionists (many insurance plans allows certain number of follow-ups per year). Another suggestion (which was told to me and worked) pretend you just had the operation and begin all the stages again (clear liquids, liquids, soft-foods, semi-hard food, normal food). Do 3 - 5 days of each, and this should restart your lost again.

Hope this was all helpful.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Jobsies
on 11/20/09 8:36 pm - Pitman, NJ
Amy, I started back at WW six weeks after surgery and found the most awesome leader. I know I have done well because of her and the group that I met there.  I didn't do the points, I did the old core, (filling foods) and stopped when full since it's just too many points for me -- especially first out of surgery.

I found the support and accountabilty really helped keep me on track

My leader just left and started her own business and I have been going there -- so if you are looking for a great group  and you are in South Jersey check it out..vivanow.org.

good luck!

14 pounds lost before surgery. My first ticker is when I hit onderland: this was my goal when I started on this journey.  I want to focus on that right now...once I get there I can reevaluate.

My second ticker is my dream goal. Even if I only visit there for a short time, it would be nice to see that number just once.  I am pretty sure I'll need plastics to hit this goal.

Michele L.
on 11/21/09 8:19 am - Old Bridge, NJ
Amy,
Have you joined a group to give you support? Are you looking for accountability?
I do believe that you can be succesful with the diet. Remember your eating rules follow those in the context of weigh****chers.

It all depends on your reason for joining.
Sometimes a group of core people to call for support is good but I believe in face to face.
There is a group on OH called back on track together BOTT. There is accountability available there as there is usually a thread on calories and cafe where you can post your food ,hydration and exercise. I find it difficult to make full connection on line. Support groups can work if  you make a system outside of meetings to connect. exchange phone numbers if you need to hear a human voice.

What Tom suggests about nutritionist is not a bad idea it will clarify where your eating needs to improve just make sure it is someone familiar with bariatric surgery. my concern comes in need to identify what nutrional plan you need what percentage of protein, carbs and fat out of your daily calories. this means journalling your food daily. weight loss is about calories in versus calories out. surgery is about changing your lifestyle a day at a time.
best wishes
Michele
Most Active
Recent Topics