THANKSGIVING Help Offer

Tom C.
on 11/15/09 10:17 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

The Holidays are usually a hard time for many of us to “get through". And Thanksgiving has to rank right up there as a “real test of our willpower"! While family members may sympathize with our struggle (and the sad reality is some don’t) no-one can really understand what you are going through until they have “walked in your shoes" – or pants.

That’s why I am suggesting starting a Thanksgiving Support Group in which folks can reach out one another on that day if they are finding difficulties “surviving" the Holiday. In my opinion, the more support we have, the easier it will be to get through the holiday.

With all that said, if you Personal Message me, I am more the willing to give you my contact number in case you need to talk.

Anyone else willing to help? What a better way to show thanks for your "new life" then by helping another person?

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
AndreaC
on 11/15/09 10:59 pm - NJ
Tom, what a great idea. Count me in as one that can be counted on for help. I have had a good (and lousy) year health-wise and feel I can give support to someone feeling out of sorts this time of year. Empathy is stronger than sympathy, but we take what we can get at times.
Feeling thankful everyday,
Andrea
(deactivated member)
on 11/15/09 11:56 pm - Piscataway, NJ
Tom, simply said -- you have such an amazing heart.
knailnhair
on 11/16/09 2:27 am - Milford, NJ
I'm in.....great idea CC!

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

Chopper1
on 11/16/09 8:14 pm
To all,

Remember Thanksgiving is just another day.  So let's be thankful for all the weight we have lossed and not glorify the food this Thanksgiving day.

Geoff

big_ideas
on 11/17/09 8:55 pm - Randolph, NJ
Hey Tom. Leave it to you to come up with another great idea!

I would love to offer support, too. I will be available until around 3 by phone on T-day, and also for the rest of the weekend, when leftovers are likely to beckon. Anyone who would like to PM me for my cell phone number, please feel free.

Happy Holidays to one and all!

allisarin
on 11/18/09 12:36 am - Bayonne, NJ
I will be around all day. More that willing to help anyone.
Most Active
Recent Topics