AMERICHOICE INS. ???

(deactivated member)
on 11/11/09 10:53 am
yea lol see what i mean! I started seeing my primary about wls in oct. so my 6mnths would be march. I was not looking to get surg until after the new year anyway because I have no vacation time left at work hehehe
StefanyE
on 1/6/10 9:13 pm - union city , NJ
 Hi, i was reading what you were saying and it is a big help for me because i just received my insurance and i really want and NEED the lap band surgery. I have Americhoice as my HMO as well and i have been doing a lot of research to see if i will get approved but i never get information on Americhoice. Today is my first visit to my doctor and i am not sure if i should tell my doctor on the first visit if i can be approved for a lap band? Should i wait things out a bit since this is my first time using my insurance card? Also, i noticed both were told that they had to wait around 6 months, did anyone get approved yet, (before the 6 months period)?  Another factor is that i am 19, so i do not know if they will approve me being so young, i weight around 310 and my BMI is over 50. But i dont think i have any other problems besides being obese.  Please, any information any of you ladies can give me, or advice will be very helpful!    

My cousin was approved for the surgery and she was about 205, she had sleep apnea so that helped her a lot. But she lives in massachusetts so it was a lot easier for her to get approved, she was approved in less than 3 months. I hope i can too!

Thank you, 
Stefany :)

CelticMist3
on 6/8/10 12:49 am
VSG on 08/10/10 with
Does AmeriChoice cover the Vertical Sleeve?
Most Active
Recent Topics