AMERICHOICE INS. ???

(deactivated member)
on 11/8/09 4:15 am
Does anyone have medicaid with hmo of americhoice? I have been trying to call them to see if there is  a 6mnth diet but can never get a live body on the phone! So if anyone can fill me in it would help I am just about done with all the pre op testing and clearances!! thanks!!
mrsstewart09
on 11/8/09 5:51 am
hi i have same insurance! i been told its 3 month diet from your primary dr or nutritionist....i just finished all my testing and clearance so im hoping insurance will approve me....did your surgeon tell you what the insurance requires?
(deactivated member)
on 11/8/09 6:23 am
he said he wasnt sure, for me to call the ins comp. but then his nurse said 6mnths so I have no clue!! I saw him for a consult on the 4th and have already had all the testing done! I just have to see a psychiatrist and nutritionist which I havent found any yet that take my ins. I see my primary on the 23rd about my weight again and I saw him last mnth reguarding it as well so the bariatric nurse said that will count as 2mnths already..I just can neverrr get through to a person on americhoice!!
mrsstewart09
on 11/8/09 8:11 am
ok good....well when i called ins they said 3 month....did u get an endoscopy?>? i found only 1 nutritionist and psych that take our ins....nutritionist is in edison.....and psych is in newark...it was far from me but i did it....it was even hard to find a good surgeon that takes this ins too
(deactivated member)
on 11/8/09 11:49 am
no i did not get an endoscopy, the surgeon said i needed to get an upper gi, chest xray, u/s of liver and gall bladder, doppler study of my legs, gyn clearance, cardiologist, an pulminary, psych and nutrition  and lucky for me all of these dr's were in the same building as my surgeon. The UMDNJ its in stratford nj and they all took americhoice! The nutritionist and bariatric psych he recommended says right on the cards he gave me that they do not accept any ins. cash/credit only so I went on americhoice's website and did find a few in my area that take americhoice, just havent called them yet. I saw a post from someone else on here who has americhoice as well and already had her surgery so I sent her a msg to ask her about the ins. and did they approve her right away ect...but I havent heard bk from her yet. It was'nt to hard for me to find a good surgeon he is friends with my primary hehe I guess there are alot more dr's in south jersey that take americhoice then in other parts of nj!
mrsstewart09
on 11/9/09 8:04 am
o wow where is stratford nj? are u south nj? the dr i have is way up north nj! i couldnt find any other surgeon that took americhoice...
(deactivated member)
on 11/9/09 8:23 am
yes south jersey..camden county..I finally got a live body today with americhoice and they said I only needed proof of "nutritional counseling" and I said ok for how long? The guy said there wasnt any requirements on how long I need to do it for. So I am VERY lost now! lol
mrsstewart09
on 11/9/09 8:55 am
o thats great then!!!! so u just need a letter from nutritionist saying she counseled you.....wow im excited cause i thought it was 3 months!! now im ready lol...still little scared but im sure everyone is before surgery
(deactivated member)
on 11/9/09 10:12 am
yea but i called  the surgeon's nurse an told her an said shes most def sure its 6mnths! So I am so confused :(
mrsstewart09
on 11/11/09 6:14 am
omg!!!! just talked to my surgeons nurse and turns out it is 6 months!!!!!!!!!!!! im soooo annoyed!!! i rushed and got everything done for nothing....my 6 months wont be til january.......did u start yours yet???
Most Active
Recent Topics