If you had a 6 month insurance wait...

Considering_It
on 11/6/09 2:45 am
How long after your 6th month did insurance finally approve you?
I am now officially in my 6th month, and I can't believe it....when I started (this summer) I thought it was such a long time.  Truthfully, the time flew, and it hasn't been that bad.
Life is a Beach
on 11/6/09 7:39 am
I had to do that too. Time is going to pass anyway so you just have to roll with it. It took me 5 working days to be approved from the time my doctor sent in my paperwork. I have Horizon Blue Cross/Blue Shield.
 "I may not be moving fast or gracefully, but at least I'm moving!"            
JenStock1970
on 11/6/09 7:40 am - Bay Shore Of, NJ
I had the same thing, Horizon approved me within 3 days of receiving the paperwork from my surgeon's office.
HW 495/Consult 426/SW 363/Current 182
"If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster."-- Clint Eastwood

"Don't compromise yourself.  You are all you've got."-- Janis Joplin

shanaduck
on 11/6/09 9:01 am - Lopatcong, NJ
My surgeon's office THOUGHT my insurance had that requirement.  Turns out they didn't, but I didn't find that out until month 4.  My paperwork was approve in a week.  I'm waiting the full six months anyway now, since I had scheduled vacations and such for that 6 month period.  It's a good time of reflection anyway.

Elizabeth
            Surgery Weight  (1/25/10) 265 - Current Weight - 184 1/1/12 - Goal ????
checkitout
on 11/6/09 11:25 pm - Newton, NJ
I had to do the 6 month diet and after they submitted everything it was only about 3 days till I was approved. It would have been quicker but they wanted my chart notes not just the letter and the diet overview so I had to call my Dr's office and have them fax the chart notes to Dr. Bertha's office. Then I got the approval in an hour or less.

Good luck !!

Stella
Barbi M.
on 11/13/09 8:50 am - Maplewood, NJ
I got my approval within a week after my 6 month was written up and sent to my surgeon's office.  I had to keep on top of the office to make sure it was faxed to Cigna.  I had a surgery date a week later, but opted to wait till 10/28.  It did seem like a lot of hoops to jump through but it was worth it and now am on my 16 day of recovery and have already lost 31lbs it is pretty amazing.
Good Luck!
Barbi

jerseyjandj
on 11/18/09 12:38 pm - keyport, NJ
i had a 6month wait to but got lucky and was approved at the fifth month i didnt even  have my endoscopy done yet either good luck !!!

Most Active
Recent Topics