Central NJ support Group-Dec 4

prjewel
on 11/3/09 8:05 am
I am trying to start a support group for those of us in Central Jersey-South plainfield, Plainfield, edison, piscataway, north plainfield etc... I have a A location of the Ricochet Health club in south plainfield.  They will charge me a fee for the place so membership will $17 PER/MONTH.  However they will offer a discount to those who wish to join the club or join some of there weekly classes.  There is babysitting on premises I am working on no fee for our memebers use.

If you are interested in joining Please check put the group-WLS Support Group of Central Jersey.

Look forward to getting this going.  MAny of us need a group closer to home.  First meeting will include a welcome packet of information and other meetings will have demos and samples.  Hope to see you there.  Other groups charge up to $22.
3grlsmom
on 11/3/09 10:32 pm
 There already is a great - FREE- group which meets in that area on the 1st Sat. of each month.  It is a well organized and well established group which I attended a few times and found loved the group of people - men and women -all types of surgeries- pre and post op.  about 20 of us

Also - we have our inconvienent Tues. night dinner (yesterday) and that is probably the most supportive group of friends that I have.....about 15 of us

Also - Sat. morning a "new" bunch of us met for breakfast and it was a very nice intro to everyone 

There are a TON of support groups locally that are wonderful and free - come and join us!!

Karen in NJ 

jerseyjuji
on 11/5/09 12:53 am
Ditto what Karen posted!
The First Saturday Support Group meets THIS Saturday (Look for Sheri A.'s post).  I've never been to a support group (and I've been to many) that charged (although some patients do pay a "program fee" to their surgeons that cover this).  Support Groups can meet in libraries, coffee shops, malls.....imho, no need to charge, especially when starting out and it's a very small group.  Anyway, if this is what you feel you must do to get the support you are seeking, go for it and good luck to you.
Support groups are what YOU make of them. 
Most Active
Recent Topics