In netwok

thebetterme
on 11/2/09 10:49 am
I am looking for a surgeon in network around north Brunswick area..any ideas?
(deactivated member)
on 11/2/09 10:58 am - NJ
Try asking your insurance company.
Tom C.
on 11/2/09 8:02 pm, edited 11/2/09 10:21 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

Jen W is correct. First start with your insurance company, and ask them.

Here is the OH link to the NJ Bariatric Doctors

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/NJ/a,doclisting/type,46/

If you like a Doctor, follow the link, and you'll see there is a listing of all the insurance companies they participate with. However, if you like a Doctor - but they aren't in your plan and/or accept your insurance, ask the office how the deal with "out of network" insurance claims. Some practices won't "back bill" patients once their deductibles are met.

Don’t make location your only criteria. It may be worth traveling some distance for a great Doctor. Remember, the first year will be when you see the Doctor the most times. Once you have the operation, and you're doing well, most follow-up visits will be (at least) once a year.

Finally, check with the Hospital within your plan. They will have a list of Bariatric Doctors who have privileges in their facility.  

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active
Recent Topics