Missing Get Together, and Need Neurologist Recommendation

big_ideas
on 11/2/09 5:05 am - Randolph, NJ
My 15 year old son is having some kind of neurological episode. We were in the ER last night, because I thought it was related to the hockey game he'd just played and I was worried it was a concussion.

It ended up being diagnosed as a vascular migraine. He feels better, but his eyes don't look like they are working right and he has an antsy feeling in his bones.

The pediatrician wants him to be seen by a neurologist, but the one she suggested can't take him for a long while, and I don't want to wait.

I'm telling you all of this for two reasons...

1. I don't want to leave him alone, so I probably can't make it to the Skylark get together. I had every good intention of going. But you know what they say: "Man plans and God laughs."

2. If anyone knows of a good neurologist (or if you are one) in the Morris County area, particularly one that will see teen patients, please let me know.

Think of me tomorrow night when you're all together, and know that I will be very sad and disappointed I am not among you. Raise a Virgin Mary in my honor!

Butterfly618
on 11/2/09 5:39 am - NJ
Sorry to hear about your son. please let me know how things are going. I will miss you tomorrow. Hope we can get together ourselves.

"SUCCESS IS A LIFESTYLE, NOT A DIET"
Please visit my OH  Support group:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/allinthemind/welcome/

Where you will find helpful strategies to achieve you goals

Highest 325.7lbs Surgery 295lbs Current 244lbs 

big_ideas
on 11/2/09 5:50 am - Randolph, NJ
Thanks, Gina dear. Let's try to make a date!

hockeymom8016
on 11/2/09 5:44 am - NJ
I am sorry to hear about your son Linda.  I hope all is well with him. I will be thinking of you. I have a good friend at Morristown Hospital - I will see if she has any recommendations.

big_ideas
on 11/2/09 5:49 am - Randolph, NJ
Thank you Esther. Any information would be helpful.

Tom C.
on 11/2/09 5:51 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
FAMILY ALWAYS COMES FIRST !! Take care of your son, and I will be praying.

I will also check to see about a good Neurologist

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
big_ideas
on 11/2/09 5:53 am - Randolph, NJ
Tom, you are a sweetheart.

(and I never turn down prayers!)

Tom C.
on 11/2/09 5:55 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Linda

See if this link will be helpful .. it's list the Top NJ Docs

http://njmonthly.com/articles/topdoctors/top-doctors-2009-2010.html

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
knailnhair
on 11/2/09 6:05 am - Milford, NJ

Linda....no need to explain!!! Family is always first...we can do a get together another time...I PROMISE!!!

Please keep us posted....sending you good thoughts and prayers!!!

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

big_ideas
on 11/2/09 6:14 am - Randolph, NJ
Thank you Kimi. You are very kind.

And I haven't given up on us getting together!

Most Active
Recent Topics