Newly banded in NJ!

Jackie D.
on 11/2/09 1:41 am - Highland Park, NJ
I just got the Realize Band on Thursday and things are looking up.  Figured I would come introduce myself to the locals. :) hehe.  I live in Highland Park but I got my surgery done up in Morristown with Dr. Nusbaum, he is awesome.

Anyway just wanted to say hi and see who is out there.  Would love to make some friends and also am thinking about going to some support groups in the area... my surgeon is a little far, it would take an hour plus traffic from rush hour to get there for 6 pm...

Anyone go to the one at the hospital in New Brunswick?  Thoughts?  I am in Highland Park and don't drive so the closer the better.

Nice to meet you all! :)
Tom C.
on 11/2/09 2:01 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

Shameless plug time .. maybe this will help ...

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/NJ/3777559/NJ-Support-Grou p-listing/#30249019

I go to the Saint Peter's one, and really like it. Good group.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Jackie D.
on 11/2/09 2:14 am - Highland Park, NJ
Thats a really awesome list. :)  Rockin'.

I was looking around for more info on the one at Saint Peter's, especially since it's so very very close to my house... do you have any additional info on that one in particular?  It would be the most convenient one for me to attend on any kind of regular basis.

Thanks so much again! :D
Tom C.
on 11/2/09 2:17 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
What would you like to know?

It meets the 2nd Thursday of the month

Band patients meet 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.

Bypass patients meet 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m..

Lisa Lapinsky is the Nutritionists who runs it.

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Jackie D.
on 11/2/09 5:10 am - Highland Park, NJ
Awesome! Thanks so much.  The only other thing I wanted to know was where you go specifically... I know that's a big place, that hospital.  Maybe I'll see you there next time! :D
Tom C.
on 11/2/09 5:20 am, edited 11/2/09 7:49 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
It's usually held in the conference room right across the cafe (ironic isn't it?). Ask the guard when you sign in.

Tom

Jackie D.
on 11/2/09 7:54 am - Highland Park, NJ
Cool thanks! :D  I'm loking forward to it.
knailnhair
on 11/2/09 6:09 am - Milford, NJ
Congrats on your surgery!!! Buckle up and enjoy the ride!!!!

The support groups are great at St. Pete's!!!

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

Jackie D.
on 11/2/09 7:55 am - Highland Park, NJ
Thank you! :) I'm looking forward to all the opportunities this will open for my life. :)
Life is a Beach
on 11/2/09 9:30 am
Hi Jackie,
I also hope to be at the next meeting next Tuesday for banders. My surgeon/hospital is an hour away and I'm happy to have this meeting so close.
 "I may not be moving fast or gracefully, but at least I'm moving!"            
Most Active
Recent Topics