endoscopy

mrsstewart09
on 10/27/09 7:04 am
has anyone had their endoscopy done threw the nose and awake?? my dr today says its easier and the scope is tiny? ughhh im so nervous!!!!!!!!
Chopper1
on 10/27/09 8:40 pm
Yuck, that sounds awful.  No way I would do that

jerseyjandj
on 10/28/09 1:04 am - keyport, NJ
ack noway!!!!! I just had mine yesterday and i made sure about a million times i was goin to be knocked out
mrsstewart09
on 10/28/09 3:32 am
lol yes i was given the option but he told me its fast and easy but im thinking more and more and maybe its gonna suck
Ilisa D.
on 10/28/09 6:51 am - Marlboro, NJ
LOL, I just saw this on Dr. Oz yesterday...  The volunteer from the audience did it right there on stage up in front of the audience. The numbed her nose with spray and passed a small tube with a camera up her nostril and then down her throat.  They were looking at her vocal cords, but in essence its the same procedure they just didnt go down as far I imagine.  She barely flinched.  Try googling it.....

Not sure I would be so brave!

Ilisa
mrsstewart09
on 10/28/09 7:26 am
lol wow really i usually watch that show  and i missed it!!! im hoping it goes well.....im a big baby when it comes to tests like this lol i dunno if im scared more from reading ppls regrets and complications or the test
rbb825
on 10/28/09 7:08 pm - Suffern, NY
I have had that done in the ENT's office - it is a tiny tube that goes down the nose into the throat looking at the sinuses and throat.  I also had a test called the PH Probe where they put a tiny tube down through the nose, down the throat through the esophagus into the stomach.  So I guess that is what they are talking about.  It isn't painful, just annoying - your eyes tear a little out of reflex but there really isnt' pain from the tubes, I can't guarantee if there is pain when they take biopsies. But those were tiny tubes and I doubt they could do a scope with tubes that tiny.  I would have to look into it more before I would consent to it.

mrsstewart09
on 10/28/09 8:39 pm
ok i feel better knowing someone had it lol.....he did say he was taking a biopsy with that tube so ill see lol thanks
Most Active
Recent Topics