Support Meetings in Middlesex? Maybe start a new meeting

konafiend
on 10/24/09 5:05 am
I have found only 1 non-professional peer to peer support group meeting since my surgery in March. That is the First Saturday meeting. Does anyone know of any others? The First Saturday group is good but I need more support. I need to be more active in this new life and spend time with others doing this thing.  I'd be willing to help start a new meeting, possibly meeting more than once a month.
Michele L.
on 10/25/09 2:04 am - Old Bridge, NJ

I am going to look into bariatric angels. I think it is in bound brook. Sounds like a 12 step type meeting that meets weekly. I don't know if it is peer to peer but I would assume so. You can do a web search. People recovering from morbid obesity.Also there is a group that is trying to set up in Central Jersey. Check out central jersey support group. I also struggle with being more active.
Michele

Tom C.
on 10/26/09 2:46 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

Please check out this link for nearby support groups ….

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/NJ/4009657/NJ-Support-Grou p-listing-as-of-Aug-2009/

I haven’t updated the list yet .. but .. Clara Maass Medical Center in Belleville (enter at main entrance to hospital)   has a support group meeting the 3rd Wed of each month at 7PM - pre and post ops welcome.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Krissy
on 11/9/09 2:43 pm - Cranford, NJ
I think you might be very surprised if you attended my support group tomorrow night. Even though we are sponsored by a doctor it is peer to peer except for the last 1/2 hour which is reserved for medical questions I am not qualified to answer.

I have been facilitating support groups for almost 7 years now and participated in them for 9 years.

I urge you to research both kinds of groups..peer to peer and professional..they both have pros and cons.

Good Luck to you on your journey!!
~Krissy

Most Active
Recent Topics