God my date!

allformykids
on 10/16/09 1:03 pm

I called Cigna Wed and was approved I talked to Dr Garrison's office today, and leslie was like let me call you in a hour and we'll see if we can get you in next week.... well two hours later I had no nails left so I broke down and called... "to ask if my merina had to be take on"
and I was told Leslie was on the phone. She called me back a few minutes later to tell me that I was all set to go in on Wed 10/21... YIPPIE
So My date is 10/21/09 :) I'm so excited
The way I see it is today I went and got my magic bullet, protien mix and those new whey protien shots, I'm doing wash and cleaning with bleach so the house is spotless, tomorrow I have a wedding and DH and I are staying over night, Sunday I'll be pretty hung over, and I'll get to eat my very most favorit food (Sushi!!!!) then Monday I have to be at St. clare's for both my pre-op with Garrison and then to do my pre-addmision. Tuesday I want to spend the day with my kids, just be with them because I'm scared to hell about doing this. I also need to make sure that I have everything laid out for my husband to take care of the kids while I'm not home (he'll do fine... right?!?!?!) Then I want to get some good sleep the night before and Wed, I'm dropping my kids off to be watching and heading on over to the hospital...
I'm most exctied for waking up post op and getting to see my kids and husband...

Wish me luck.... Im in count down mode!!!!!!!!!

Laureen S.
on 10/16/09 5:56 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
I started my journey on the board over 2 years ago, I mostly post now on the PA and Over Fifty Forums, as they are more active, plus I do live in what is considered a suburb of Philadelphia and had my surgery in Langhorne, but I peeked in and thought I would just let you know that, as someone who has been there, you are on the roller coaster towards a life that can really bring you healthier and more mobile living.  As you embark on this journey, follow the rules of your surgeon/nutritionist, if you don't have one, get a support group and stick with it.  You will experience many things that will be Wow moments and then before you know it, you will be "regular" and support helps you stay on track. 

Enjoy the journey and I wish you an easy transition to the Loser's Bench!

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Tom C.
on 10/16/09 10:32 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
CONGRATS on your date !! Soooooo happy for you!!

Let us know once it all over, and how you're feeling :D !!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
knailnhair
on 10/20/09 1:22 am - Milford, NJ
How exciting!!! I'm soo happy for you!!! Please keep us posted and I'll save you a seat on the loser's bench!!!!

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

Krissy
on 10/20/09 2:54 am - Cranford, NJ
CONGRATS!!! good luck tomorrow!! keep us posted! well be waiting to hear from you!
~Krissy

big_ideas
on 10/21/09 12:03 pm, edited 10/21/09 12:03 pm - Randolph, NJ
congratulations. I know this is a scary and exciting time, but you are doing all the right things by getting prepared.

I am 20 months out, and as of this morning's official weigh in, 122 lbs. down. I couldn't be happier - I really do have my life back, maybe better than it EVER was.

If you have any questions or need a sympathetic ear during the uncertain initial stages, please feel free to PM me.(I think we met at the NJIGT at Tiffany's.)

Best wishes for an uneventful surgery, speedy recovery, and great weight loss success!

ETA: Ooops, I just noticed you were scheduled for 10/21 and it is already 10/22. So by the time you see this, it will all be over. I hope it went well, and you are well on your way to healing and getting back to "normal." Please let us know how you are doing...

wife2denizmoi
on 10/23/09 12:32 am
Congratulations! That is wonderful news! You will do really well. Getting ready is the hard part. Once you are there just go with the flow and before you know it you will be waking up feeling full! Your husband will be fine with the kids....better than you think. Congrats again! Let me know how you do!

Heidi
Most Active
Recent Topics