Insurance requirements for covering the surgery in NJ

Topnotch
on 10/17/09 3:02 am

Help can some one tell me the insurance requirements for covering the surgery and how to obtain them

yex1
on 10/17/09 12:50 pm - NJ
you would have to call your insurance company to get the benefits.

The basics of what I needed were,

A psych visit
a nutritionist visit
bmi over 40 0r 35 w/ co-morbidities
and a 6 month supervised diet whithin 1 year

"Nobody trips over mountains.  It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble.  Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain. "

"Look at a stone cutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it.  Yet at the hundred-and-first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not the last blow that did it, but all that had gone before."  ~Jacob A. Riis

Tom C.
on 10/18/09 4:58 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

Big thing - make sure you don't have Bariatric EXCLUSIONS on your plan.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
ebonyfigueroa
on 12/21/09 4:43 am
 BU**** IF U DO 
Tom C.
on 12/21/09 4:46 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
You can speak to your HR office and see if they can make an exception for you

See if you can switch insurance company (go on spouce's - see about open enrollment to another insurance company)

Pay out of pocket
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
ebonyfigueroa
on 12/21/09 6:06 am
 MY DOC SAID HE CAN WRITE A LETTER AND GET APPROVED CUS ITS MEDICAL NEEDED IM 22 YRS OLD 5FT5INCHES I WEIGHT 407 N I HAVE A ULCER ON MY LEG 
ebonyfigueroa
on 12/21/09 6:06 am
 AD A THYROID 
Most Active
Recent Topics