support group for VSG?

kward
on 10/15/09 1:22 am
Hi all,
I am finally scheduled for my surgery with Dr. Aceves in Mexicali. I decided to self pay for the VSG rather than have the RNY or lapband which would be covered by my insurance.    I leave Nov. 17th and have the surgery on the 19th.  I am thrilled and looking forward to the challenges before me.

Are there any VSG groups in Morris/Somerset county?  If not, would it still be educational for me to attend another support group?

Thanks for your input!
Kris
Tom C.
on 10/15/09 3:13 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Kris,

Good luck to you, and please let us know how everything will turn out.

While I don't know of any specific VSG groups, I do have a listing of various support groups around the state. IMHO if you can find a VSG specific group, then attend ANY support group. Bypass may be better then a band one, however both operations have the same basic rules to follow.

Let us know how else we can help. I am so HAPPY for you !!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active
Recent Topics