I'm quite pissy right now.,......................

GntleJ
on 10/6/09 11:28 pm
I seriously hate my doctor right now.. They called me last night at 8:30pm telling me that they never got the results from my Pro-Op testing...... How do you call me at 8:30pm??  Then they also tell me that they do not know which hospital and surgeon I will be going with.. WTF??  They gave me the referals to go there... UUUGH! Now I have to be up at this hour calling people to find everything before I go to see the doctor today (1:30pm) for clearance..
big_ideas
on 10/7/09 12:24 am - Randolph, NJ
Hey there J:

I know you are very frustrated right now, and I would be too in your situation. But just try to take a deep breath, relax, and keep everything in perspective.

After nineteen months and a loss of nearly 120 lbs, I can assure you that no matter what hoops you have to jump through, it will all be worth it in the end. Don't let yourself become discouraged. This is an emotionally charged time, and it is so easy to have strong reactions and big ups and downs.

I just got back from a wonderful vacation, one which I could never have taken when I was fat. I did things and saw things and had experiences that were off-limits to me when I was a prisoner in my own body. The journey was not easy, but anything worth having is worth working (and fighting) for!

Wishing you all the best, and smooth sailing the rest of the way...

Linda

Tom C.
on 10/7/09 12:29 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
You are right to be angry .. however, before you remain fuming call the office and see WTF? They may have you confused with another patient. If not, speak to the Office Manager and they should be able to get this straighten out.

Good luck .. as I say, it's a Roller-coaster .. here is one of those "down plunges" .. just ride it out !!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Krissy
on 10/8/09 10:46 pm - Cranford, NJ
do you have an update?!?! how did it go?
~Krissy

GntleJ
on 10/8/09 11:42 pm
Well... I just got a phone call from the Surgeons office that they havent still gotten the medical clearance... UUUGH! I so need to find a new doctors office to go to... This is getting way out of hand..
Tom C.
on 10/9/09 12:48 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
J,

Get on the phone and ask to speak to the OFFICE MANAGER. And find out WTF is going on? 

The issue may be beyond their control (ex, they haven't gotten results back from your PCP, Blood Lab, Psych Eval, etc). If that's the case, you need to get ahold of THOSE folks and rattle cages.

If it is indeed the Office's issue, then tell the Manager you want this resolved in X time, or you're going else where. There are enough Doctors out there, and you've done everything  you need to do - so you probably can be fitted in in no time.

And don't worry about taking the bull by the horns. IT'S YOUR RIGHT TO DO IT. And if it was the other way around, they would be hounding your *ss to get whatever they need from you.

Know we are here for you, and will help in any way we can.

Good luck, and keep us posted.

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
GntleJ
on 10/9/09 12:55 am
I did call my PCP and the deal is that the doctor has not signed the release yet and he is not yet in the office... So I just must play the waiting game right now...FUn Fun stuff...
Tom C.
on 10/9/09 1:04 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Yeah always a joy ..last suggestion, then I will FO [ ;D ]. If your primary PCP isn't far, go down to the office and demand to see him. This way you won't get "blown off".

Tom

GntleJ
on 10/9/09 10:15 am
Well... Turns out that the fax machine at the PCP didnt work... So I just headed over and got myself a copy.. I will just bring it with me on Monday... SYSTEMS ALL GO!!
Tom C.
on 10/9/09 8:08 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Glad to read it's all ago !! Keep us posted !!

Tom

Most Active
Recent Topics