2nd Inconvenient Get together Successful !!

Tom C.
on 9/29/09 9:31 pm, edited 9/29/09 10:00 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

I want to the thank the following folks who made this 2nd get-together as successful as the first:

Nancy,

Cynthia,

Ruth,

Lucy,

Esther,

Karen,

Linda,

Patrick,

Julie,

Linda,

Karen,

Belinda,

Michelle,

Denise,

Shelly

More good times, and laughs were shared. For those who missed it, you missed a great time – and you were ALL MISSED !! We hope you attend the next one.

Last night the gruoup decided (A) Tuesday nights is best for the meeting (B) no one area is convenient for everyone (hence the meeting title) so we will be doing one meet in the “central/southern section" of the state, and the next meet in the “northern section" of the state. With that in mind, the next meeting we’ll be in the Woodbridge/Edison area; the meeting after that will be in the Wayne/Parsippany vicinity; and the meeting after that will be in the Hamilton/Freehold locale.

The next Get Together is scheduled for November 3rd (Election day). Since it is Election day, let me know if this would deter you from coming. If so, I will change it to the 10th.

So before I continue forward, please let me know

(A) is the 3rd ok?

(B) is Woodbridge/Edison ok?

(C) What is a good restaurant in that area which could accommodate us?

Please remember, this a GROUP effort, so if you know of better day/date; location; restaurant  - please let US know.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
(deactivated member)
on 9/29/09 9:40 pm - Piscataway, NJ
OMG, how on earth did you remember all those names!!
Tom, I said it somewhere else, but I'll say it here too...thank YOU for organizing these events! I always have an enjoyable time meeting new people and sharing some laughs.

Best line of the night:  "I call my weedman..."
Best visual of the night:  Your old jeans!

The locations may be inconvenient, but the shared stories and laughter make it well worth the trip.  I'm up for any day, time and place...and will always do my best to attend. Just let me know where and when!  Thanks again for being such a great help and inspiration!

Nancy
(deactivated member)
on 9/29/09 9:46 pm - Piscataway, NJ
 Oh yeah...in Edison, you could do the Skylark Diner on Route 1.  It's not your typical diner...the food is unbelievably good.  They also own the Americana Diner on Route 130 in East Windsor, a little farther down for our "southern" friends.  Mastoris was mentioned, as was the sports bar next door down in Bordentown.  The only places I know in Woodbridge are Italian (think pastas)...but in Menlo Park Mall is Fox and the Hound, which can definitely accommodate a large group.
hockeymom8016
on 9/29/09 11:03 pm - NJ
It was a lot of fun.  Thanks for taking charge of these events Tom. If I can figure out how to download the pictures from my camera.  Probably will be the weekend before I have time to tackle it.

Butterfly618
on 9/30/09 2:48 am - NJ
Hi Tom
I am so sorry I missed a great time we just got back from vacation and I needed more time then I thought to get my life back in order. I will be at the next one ( no vacations planed) I agree with Anewchapter. The Skylark is a great dinner. It was feature the food network on the show Diners, Drive-ins and Dives I know a few places in Woodbridge besides the Fox and the Hound, in Menlo Park Mall we can go to D'Italia in Avenel, NJ really great food great choices for us OH members and good prices. They also have a large parking lot. Keep me informed when and were because I will be there.

Butterfly

"SUCCESS IS A LIFESTYLE, NOT A DIET"
Please visit my OH  Support group:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/allinthemind/welcome/

Where you will find helpful strategies to achieve you goals

Highest 325.7lbs Surgery 295lbs Current 244lbs 

gracy72
on 9/30/09 11:46 am - newark, NJ
Sorry we missed it - hope to see you in November!
Who says you can't win for losing! Gracy 

HW/SW/CW/GW
286/242/196/150 

My jouney has led me to this amazing place known as onederland....now that I am here I refuse to leave - EVER! ~ July 28, 2010

Adios to the BIG 9-0 look out 100 here I come!

monica196642
on 9/30/09 1:45 pm - NJ
sounds like a great time was had by all!  I will be out of town on Nov 3, but hope to make the next one! 

Monica

"All things are difficult before they are easy."
- Dr. Thomas Fuller

“Be the change you want to see in the world.?  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Considering_It
on 9/30/09 9:55 pm
I am looking forward to the Wayne/Parsippany get together.  I would love to attend them all, but I live too far off the beaten path to get to some of them..
Can't wait to meet  you all!
bgaylz
on 10/3/09 1:48 pm
Hi Tom

The get-together was great thank you so much for doing it.

Belinda
wife2denizmoi
on 10/4/09 1:57 am
Hi Tom,

I didn't come because I had surgery about a week ago and thought it was too soon! I hope to come to the next one. In the Menlo Park Mall is also The Rainforest Cafe.  Or in Edison, Harold's Deli...its actually in an industrial park, by a hotel, but I am not sure which one. Anyway definitly good for large groups and has excellent food.

Heidi
Most Active
Recent Topics