Dr. Mehta - New Brunswick

Virginia H.
on 9/29/09 1:39 am - forked river, NJ
OMG Linda, I was so worried about you. I was afraid something bad happened to you. So sorry it didn't work out. But maybe t's God's will. I used Doctor Patel and he now has a office in Manahawkin. I've lost 110 lbs. so far and haven't had any serious problems.  Don't give up. Remember we care.
ruth01
on 9/29/09 8:37 pm, edited 9/29/09 8:41 pm - NJ
I am curious, how much do you think the doctor should have kept? It was your decision to back out of the RNY - he wanted to reschedule you according to your blog. I understand why you decided to do this - it makes sense BUT it was after the doctor had put time into your case. Doctors get paid a lot of money for what they do because what they do is extremely complicated and carries tremendous liability (i.e. people sue a lot - sometimes over nothing). I cant believe that you would expect the doctor to keep nothing in this case. Maybe $500 was too much - I don't know - BUT he deserves some payment for his time, dont you think?
Also, if you had a respiratory infection prior to surgery, you should have been seen by your primary medical doctor and he or she should have been the one to make the decision about whether or not you needed an antibiotic.
I do not know this doctor at all but I think you need to put your experience in perspective.

Ruth

Most Active
Recent Topics