Americans in Motion

Krissy
on 9/22/09 1:54 am - Cranford, NJ
I wanted to share a great website I found today..you might already know about it but if you dont please take a look....

Americans In Motion (AIM) is an AAFP initiative designed to improve the health of all Americans by implementing a multifaceted fitness program addressing physical activity, nutrition and emotional well-being in the individual, family and community.

For kids:
http://www.kidnetic.com/

Get DVD to Help Prevent Obesity in Children

Max's Magical Delivery: Fit for Kids is a fun, interactive DVD targeted to children ages 5-9 and their families. The DVD offers suggestions to:

• Try to eat five fruits and vegetables a day.
  • Get away from the TV and computer screens and move around.
  • Find fun ways to be physically active inside and outside.

There is a separate section for parents on small, achievable steps they can take to encourage these healthy habits in their children and themselves.

Order by Phone: Call the AHRQ Publications Clearinghouse at 1-800-358-9295

~Krissy

Tom C.
on 9/22/09 1:59 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
THANKS FOR THE INFO !!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
allformykids
on 9/22/09 8:06 am
nice...
thanks :) I just put infor the DVD... I have two kids and never want them to go through what I am going through...
I also used to teach at a martial arts school that my inlaws own... I'd love to share it with my mother in law... she is always trying to educate parents to help keep kids healthy...
THen again I think she is the devil herself... so my sharing the info is only for the good of kids... LOL
Most Active
Recent Topics