about a 5 week update

yex1
on 9/17/09 3:16 am - NJ
I haven't posted here in a while so I thought I would check in. I had open DS surgery on 8/10. had to stay a couple of days extra because after surgery my bp went through the roof, I was getting Dizzy when I stood, then they took out the cathedar in and out 3 times because I just couldn't go pee. since I got out I have been to the er 4 times and admitted to the hospital last monday for dehydration. I got out on thursday with a picc line which will be gone tommorrow. From all the fluids I gained back 5 pounds and my feet are swollen like balloons and my lactose problem became an intolerance. I am on 4 different meds for nausea which are helping.

on the plus side i am on food now. I can eat chicken and beef good and I also have had shrimp, scallops in bacon, and today spam. eggs are a big nono. they do not like me much. I am trying to drink more and so far I can get 48 ozs in.

I have lost 50 pounds in the first 3 weeks. even with what happened I would still do it again. i am 1/2 way to my christmas goal already. and so excited to see how long it would take.

best wishes to all

Kelly

"Nobody trips over mountains.  It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble.  Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain. "

"Look at a stone cutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it.  Yet at the hundred-and-first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not the last blow that did it, but all that had gone before."  ~Jacob A. Riis

Tom C.
on 9/17/09 3:53 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Congrats to you Kelly !! Know we're here for you !!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
yex1
on 9/21/09 11:35 am - NJ
thanks Tom

"Nobody trips over mountains.  It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble.  Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain. "

"Look at a stone cutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it.  Yet at the hundred-and-first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not the last blow that did it, but all that had gone before."  ~Jacob A. Riis

Krissy
on 9/21/09 12:39 am - Cranford, NJ
keep your chin up! wow...how did you do with the bacon? and spam? i couldnt imagine eating that only a month out of surgery! would have mde me sick!!

good luck on your journey!

~Krissy
yex1
on 9/21/09 11:43 am - NJ
Thank you

Bacon was ok. It was the chewy kind so there was still alot of fat on it.

Spam was good. It is great because in a 1/6 a can is 7 grams of protein.

right now it seams that only spam or chicken on a stick is the only thing that will stay down.

list of no nos

EGG
crab legs
milk
dairy
whey protein drinks
new whey bullets
pollock

right now I feel like I need a mock bread or something. I saw a recipe on tv about putting salami slices in the oven to make crisps. I burnt the first batch but they were good. maybe I will put tuna on them. mmmmm

Most Active
Recent Topics