CONFIRMED !! Tuesday - Sept 29th: Next Inconvenient get together dinner!!

Tom C.
on 9/14/09 1:32 am, edited 9/14/09 4:03 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

REASON: A few of you have mentioned you’d like to get together for a dinner. We can sit around, meet each other, share our trials and tribulations and maybe a few laughs. While we want to help each other lose, maybe we can also help each other gain  … a new friend or two (or 5).

Since everyone had a good time the first time around, we are trying to capture lighting in a bottle again.

Each time we do this, I will try to “move" the location - since no one location will be convenient for everyone.

This time, we are going to meet at Old Man Rafferty’s in New Brunswick at 5:30 p.m.. It is undestandable not everyone can be here at this time, so come WHENEVER !! We probably won't order until 6:30 p.m..

I have contacted Old Man Rafferty (OMR), and I have reserved a table of 25. They can accommodate more if needed. Please let me know if you are thinking of coming. I need to give a “final (?)" head count the day (or two) before. Again, I understand if things come up at the last minute, and you cannot make it. OR at the last minute you decide to come (like someone did the last time, and HAD A BLAST).

For information concerning Old Man Rafferty’s (and menu) please click

(http://www.oldmanraffertys.com/ ).

They said there are PUBLIC PARKING LOTS NEARBY and THERE IS A FEE to park there. OMR Manager (Chris) did not know the cost.

In the meantime, for the “newbies" here are some meeting request. I hope I don't offend anyone - it's not meant to be that. Just helpful. 

(1) If you want a separate check, please let the server know prior to taking the orders. It’s a hassle to ask the server to do this later on. And some places won’t do this if the crowd is too numerous. (OMR said they can only do this up to 8 people)

(2) Usually when we do a group meeting, I like to divide check by the total  number of folks at the table, instead of trying to figure out who had what. (If someone brings more than one person, they multiple the total owed by the number of people they have). Now I understand if you only order a coffee and someone else has a Filet Mignon with a 5 lbs Lobster – then we can address that more diplomatically.

(3) Please bring CASH (unless you want a separate check). And please make sure you have an assortment of bills. It’s really difficult to make change when everyone brings only 20’s.

(4) Bring a CAMERA!! Even if you are like me and camera shy, you’ll still want to take some photos of the folks who are there. I don’t have one or I would.

(5) Bring “proof" of your former self. Nothing says “how far you have come" like older photos. Even if you lost only 1 pound, bring your “before" pictures (and at the last meeting we all agree we hate that word only. Be proud of any amount of weight you lost).

(6) Please feel free to post and link this on any other forum you peruse (ex. Lapband, Rant and Rave, Realize band, RNY, VBG, VSB, etc).

Remember this is a GROUP effort. Please feel free to add your suggestion and/or voice your opinion on any suggestion. AND NO HARD FEELING – this is meant to be a pleasant experience.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
denemery
on 9/14/09 11:14 am - Pequannock, NJ
Hi Tom,

I will be there! And I will bring pictures this time.

Thanks,
Denise
big_ideas
on 9/14/09 12:33 pm - Randolph, NJ
I didn't know if you needed a reconfirmation from people who already responded. If so, you can count me in!

Tom C.
on 9/14/09 9:14 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

I forgot to add the following - just didn't want to leave anyone out ...

And for those who haven’t had the operation yet – you too are more the welcome to come.  In fact, you are encouraged !! This would be a ‘true-life’ learning experience to see “life after the operation". You will be able to hear our ups and downs be, and you are encouraged to ask as many questions as you want. Other “up-comers" have come, and found it interesting and educational.

And finally, significant others/kids are also welcomed (while you may want to leave them behind to they can really enjoy themselves – it’s up to you)

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
allisarin
on 9/14/09 10:55 pm - Bayonne, NJ
I will be there . Linda
joevee
on 9/15/09 5:04 am
I would like to make a suggestion for a location for one of your future get-togethers:  Muscle Maker Grill (www.musclemakergrill.com).  There are two locations in Central NJ:  In the Middlesex Mall in South Plainfield (near Macys and Burlington Coat Factory) and the other location is in the Wick Shopping Plaza in Edison (Route 1 and Plainfield Ave.)  Check out the menu.  They have salads and wraps.  All dishes are low-fat and high in protein.  They even serve protein smoothies.  I've eaten there three times -- all delicious.  Both locations have plenty of tables and plenty of parking. 

Tom C.
on 9/15/09 5:19 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Joevee Thanks for the suggestion !! Hope you can make the 29th. If this is as popular as the last one, we will then take your suggestion. .. I hope someone remember it :D !!

Tom

Krissy
on 9/20/09 11:44 pm - Cranford, NJ
oohhh yes! great tasting healthier food!
JenStock1970
on 9/16/09 10:42 am - Bay Shore Of, NJ
Hey Tom, I am definitely gonna TRY to make it.  Will let you know for sure as the day gets closer, because my work schedule changes from one week to the next.  Provided I don't get mandatory overtime, I will be there.  I get off work at 5 and am about 45 minutes from OMR, so I will be there about 6:30.  Like I said, I will let you know for sure in time for the final headcount.  Thanks for organizing this!  Jen
HW 495/Consult 426/SW 363/Current 182
"If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster."-- Clint Eastwood

"Don't compromise yourself.  You are all you've got."-- Janis Joplin

denemery
on 9/19/09 7:01 am - Pequannock, NJ
Hey Tom,

I am looking forward to the 29th. Jus to let you know....I am coming with three additional people. We will probably be there around 6:30 as well.

See ya then!
Denise
Most Active
Recent Topics