I'm so excited!!

sarajne
on 9/10/09 1:17 pm - Hopatcong, NJ
So I am still kindof new on here but this is the best place for me to explain how great I feel. Since my WLS I have not been very good at working out (even though I know I should have been) But In the last month I started working at a gym in Randolph (which is still amazing to me that I am someone who can work at a gym) And I have taken a few kickboxing classes and they are AMAZING!!!! I feel so good that I can do these classes and not feel like an odd one out or that I don't belong doning something like this. I love it I can do an hour class and not feel like I am going to die after. I feel like this is such an amazing step for me. I might finally be able to like the person I am because doing these classes are making me feel like a million bucks. Sorry to ramble.... thanks for listening!!!!
Tom C.
on 9/10/09 10:33 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

Since I am close by you have peaked my curiosity. Where is the gym?

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
big_ideas
on 9/11/09 6:15 am - Randolph, NJ
Hey Sara,

I'm curious where that is too. I live in Randolph, and I belong to Planet Fitness in Ledgewood, but I go...ummm...lets say erratically.

Congratulations on your success! I think its great to savor those victories.

Welcome to the board. Please consider joining us for the NJ Get Together on the 29th.

Linda

sarajne
on 9/11/09 6:25 am - Hopatcong, NJ
It's CKO Kickboxing in Randolph. It's so great my first class I was so scared when I went in, and now I see how great it can be. It's an hour long class and you go as much as you can.  It's intense but your work out everything in an hour and I love it.
mystic
on 9/11/09 8:12 am - manchester, NJ
congrats sarajne

good to see another poster here

wish i could join u all on the 29th but thats my first day back from
vacation. so wont work for me

hugs to all, jacki

Livewell
on 9/11/09 8:14 pm - Chatham, NJ
Sara,

I think that you've just caught the "exercise" bug!! 

I didn't really understand this when people first started telling me that I caught the bug, but now I get it.  Before surgery, I never did any exercise.  Now, I run 5 miles daily and I actually feel like something is missing when I skip a day.

Keep up with the exercise - it is the very best thing that you can do for yourself.  A few bad choices in foods are easily forgiven when you have a great exercise program behind you.  And, let's face it, some bad foods are bound to creep in because we still need to enjoy life!!

Brendan 2 Years :)
on 9/12/09 6:49 am

Congrats Sarajne !!!

I'm just a month out of RNY surgery and have just been given the green light to push my excersise.  (btw... i'm down 35lbs from surgery  date and had lost 25lbs from June to Aug.  So thats a total of 60lbs since June)  I'm hoping I find my excersising as invigerating as you do.  I think i'm really, really ready for it !!  I'm not to far from you also.  I'mout towards Hackettstown but... a little to far to travel to Randolph for a gym.  I have a treadmill and a bowflex at home.  .... and a whole big world I can use.  Congrats again on your new found love !!

BTW.... Can someone give me some details on the NJ get together on the 29th?  That sounds like it might be some fun.

big_ideas
on 9/13/09 10:26 am - Randolph, NJ

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/NJ/4008332/Tuesday-Sept-29th-Next-Inconvenient-get-together-dinner/

Click on the link above to read the thread, or PM Tom Casola. It was great fun last time, and it would be great to see you there. The more, the merrier!

sarajne
on 9/12/09 9:27 am - Hopatcong, NJ
Thank you guys for the awesome encouragement.... It's so exciting to find exercising thats fun to do.
If anyone wants info on the place I go let me know. They have these gyms all over the place. I would love to help anyone find the enjoyment I have found. :)

And congrats to you breoby keep up the amazing work!!!
jennifer K.
on 9/14/09 3:47 am
Congrats and keep it up!
Jennifer
Most Active
Recent Topics