VSG surgeons in NJ?

kward
on 9/9/09 10:27 pm
Hi there...
I have been lurking on several of the boards here..trying to cover all of my bases!  Currently I have seen Dr. Bertha and Dr. Garrison..both are great.  I have decided, however, that I want the VSG and can't find a surgeon that does it.  Some have it listed on the "find a surgeon" forum...(BTW...did you know that they have to PAY to be listed? I think Dr. Garrison mentioned 1K per yr for a reg listing, 5K per year to be highlighted)

Has anyone actually had a VSG in nj (not mexico?)

Thanks
K
allformykids
on 9/10/09 11:32 am
i dont know who would do it. I could be so wrong because from the get go I've known I wanted to do RNY, but isn't VSG not done often due to high complications?
Good luck. If I hear of a dr that does it I will be sure to get you their info
kward
on 9/10/09 11:41 am
hi..
i havent heard of any complications!  thank god for my 6 month wait for insurance!  started wanting a lapband...then RYN...now i know VSG is for me!

maryc543
on 9/24/09 7:10 am
Actually, the sleeve is restrictive, leaving the pyloric valve intact.  It reshapes the stomach to look like a banana.  The muscles are still able to push food along, so no 'pouch'.  It's a fully functional, although small, stomach that has a decreased ghrelin production due to the removal of that part.  (Rare hunger signals!)  It doesn't involve re-arranging the bowels, so it's got less chances for complications, and less severe long term negative outcomes.  There is no malabsorption, so no extra proteins, vitamins, calciums, to take to make up for malabsorption.  
    (LOL)  Can you tell I researched this one to death?      Mary C  

DS Part 1 (VSG) 11/14/06 DS Part 2 12/18/07
HW 430 SW 400 CW 210 GW 170 Blog: lifeisgood-mc.blogspot.com

Livewell
on 9/11/09 8:06 pm - Chatham, NJ
K,

Wish I could help.  But, if you do find the answer, can you please post it here?  Or, if you end up going to NY or PA, please post that, too.  I would love to know myself who does the VSG around here . . . just in case . . .  Thanks!

Tom C.
on 9/11/09 10:57 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

As far as I know the Gastric Sleeve is not insurance covered in NJ, so I don't think a lot of Doctors do it. However, I do know that Doctor Iannance (of Advanced Laparoscopic Surgeons) does it.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Jobsies
on 9/12/09 11:52 am - Pitman, NJ
My surgeon, in Cherry Hill, NJ did mine.  Dr. Marc Neff.

14 pounds lost before surgery. My first ticker is when I hit onderland: this was my goal when I started on this journey.  I want to focus on that right now...once I get there I can reevaluate.

My second ticker is my dream goal. Even if I only visit there for a short time, it would be nice to see that number just once.  I am pretty sure I'll need plastics to hit this goal.

chell1957
on 9/19/09 12:56 am - Woodbury, NJ
Yes. there are a number of us in NJ. Camden County is where I am from. I used Dr. Marc Neff. Located in cherry Hill, Camden County. 856-665-2017.  He did my VSG.

http://verticalsleevetalk.com/private.php
http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/wls_lightweights/

kward
on 9/19/09 1:01 am
He has been mentioned several times on the forum...must be good!  were you self pay or did your insurance cover it?
k
maryc543
on 9/24/09 7:04 am
It's been a while since you asked this, but I don't get to this board too often.  I had a sleeve done in NYC, as part one of a planned 2 part DS.  My surgeon was Dr. Inabnet, and I think he was excellent!  I started at around 430 lbs, so I needed both the restriction of a sleeve, and the malabsoprtion of the Switch.  I wish I hadn't been so large,  it would have been great to just be a sleeve sista!  I lost about 100 pounds with just the sleeve.  There used to be a FAQ that a lot of folks on the sleeve forum had links listed to about surgeons.  It might still be active and accurate.  Good Luck with your VSG!   Mary C

(I just wanted to add I am content with the DS...  glad I had it,  just wish a sleeve could have done it all for me!)

DS Part 1 (VSG) 11/14/06 DS Part 2 12/18/07
HW 430 SW 400 CW 210 GW 170 Blog: lifeisgood-mc.blogspot.com

Most Active
Recent Topics