It's almost tomorrow

Chopper1
on 9/1/09 7:43 am
Hi everyone,

First, I just wanted to say thank you again to each and everyone of you for all the support throughout this journey.  The decision between lapband and the gastro bypass was challenging, but I am confident that with all the research, that I have made the right decision. 

You guys are sooooo educated and smart, and I really do appreciate all the help.

Unless, I get a call tonight, my surgery is scheduled for 1:30 pm tomorrow.  I have to be at the hospital at 11.  I am on a liquid diet today.  So far, not to bad, but I am a bit hungry.  i have been having mostly broth.  I hope the week of liquid following the surgery is a little easier than today since my stomach will be smaller.  I hope.

I am just starting to get a little bit nervous as my rattling shows, thinking about the pain, the cathedar (more painful for a guy I think) and the IV.

I think I have packed everything I need.  Just have to take a shower in the morning and go.

Thanks again everyone.
Considering_It
on 9/1/09 10:03 am
Good luck to you! 
gracy72
on 9/1/09 11:57 am - newark, NJ
Good luck!  Where are you having surgery?  Try to get a good night's sleep
Who says you can't win for losing! Gracy 

HW/SW/CW/GW
286/242/196/150 

My jouney has led me to this amazing place known as onederland....now that I am here I refuse to leave - EVER! ~ July 28, 2010

Adios to the BIG 9-0 look out 100 here I come!

Chopper1
on 9/1/09 12:08 pm
Thank you.

Valley Hospital in NJ
Tom C.
on 9/1/09 9:29 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Hey Chopper 1 .. Good Luck on your surgery !! Know we will be here when you come back, and please keep us up-to-date how everything went.

And no matter which operation you chose, it's the right one. Because IT'S FOR YOU !! And as I've always said - it doesn't matter which road we take, as long as we all get to the same destination.

Don't hesitate to reach out if needed !!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Chopper1
on 9/1/09 9:33 pm
Thank you, I appreciate the good words.  I am having the bypass today.

Funny, I told my best friend, if anything should go wrong, I will save him a seat next to me in heaven.  And if it is hot where I am going, then I will save him  a seat right in front of me....lol

I'm no dummy.

See you soon,
Geoff
Tom C.
on 9/1/09 9:39 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
WOW .. Some one's up early !!!

Nothing will go wrong!! Get that out of your head!! You'll be back on the boards in three days stating how it hurst like a &#^@!$@, and what did you do ?!?!? The next day you'll say it hurst less, and that you are starting your liquids and ask if anyone has advice. In a week, you're gonna hate liquids, and can't wait to for mushies .. either way, you'll be RIGHT HERE and NOW WHERE ELSE !!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Chopper1
on 9/1/09 9:40 pm
Thanks Tom,  I appreciate the words
knailnhair
on 9/1/09 11:26 pm - Milford, NJ
Good luck Chopper!!!

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

shanaduck
on 9/2/09 12:38 am - Lopatcong, NJ
Good luck and be well!
            Surgery Weight  (1/25/10) 265 - Current Weight - 184 1/1/12 - Goal ????
Most Active
Recent Topics