BIG THANKS !! Great Turnout !! Next Inconvenient Get Together Dinner!!

gracy72
on 8/19/09 7:35 am - newark, NJ
You guys are the best - Jeff and I had such a great time meeting each of you and we are in awe of your success - if we are half as successful I will be thrilled!

Tom - thanks for your organizational expertise - can't wait for the next get together!  I know you;ll pick a fabulous place... 

After we finish the state tour - may I suggest some fine Spanish/Portugese food in lovely Newark, NJ - we have the best Spanish resturants east of Spain - just ask my hips =)

Until next time...see you on the boards....

All the best...
Grace & Jeff
Who says you can't win for losing! Gracy 

HW/SW/CW/GW
286/242/196/150 

My jouney has led me to this amazing place known as onederland....now that I am here I refuse to leave - EVER! ~ July 28, 2010

Adios to the BIG 9-0 look out 100 here I come!

(deactivated member)
on 8/19/09 8:04 am - Philly, PA and New Windsor, NY
Hey Tom- sounds like fun was had by all!  I know I sound like a broken record, but I will throw out again that I would love to get together with all of you without involving food.  I am talking about hiking, bowling, pool, heck even skating, lol...any activity can be fun with good conversation and good friends.  I just want to shift my socializing focus away from eating, and can't think of a better place to start...

Obviously, again, feel free to shrug this off and enjoy your dinners!  LOL- I will be seeing many of you in October anyways!

Love you guys!

<---- knows she is a pain in the ass...

XOXOXO
on 8/19/09 9:35 am
Tom C.
on 8/20/09 1:17 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Fawn,

This sound like a good idea - however to be honest, the only time I could meet with folks and do something like this would be a Saturday (after 1:00 p.m. - since I work a part-time job). And I know how many folks are busy with their family on those days.

I have tried looking for "exercise/walking" partners, and no one has ever taken me up on the offer. Now with winter soon upon us, I doubt anyone would be willing to walk outside - but I KNOW I WOULD !!

And as I said, this isn't about ME - but US !! So any suggestion YOU HAVE - please VOICE THEM !! Who knows, maybe a bunch of folks ARE INTERESTED !! 

My only goal of this whole thing is to have people meet each other, and help each other along the journey !!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Butterfly618
on 8/20/09 6:43 am - NJ
I would love to get together and go bowling.

"SUCCESS IS A LIFESTYLE, NOT A DIET"
Please visit my OH  Support group:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/allinthemind/welcome/

Where you will find helpful strategies to achieve you goals

Highest 325.7lbs Surgery 295lbs Current 244lbs 

denemery
on 8/19/09 8:25 am - Pequannock, NJ
Wonderful turnout and a wonderful time! Thank you so much for putting this all together!  I am up for anything in September. My schedule is wide-open (which shows how exciting my life is).

I also think we should plan to get together in Rye in October for all those who will be attending. It is great to have a group that shares our challenges and accomplishments.

Thanks again,
big_ideas
on 8/19/09 8:36 am - Randolph, NJ
Hasn't anyone posted pictures yet?

knailnhair
on 8/19/09 11:49 pm - Milford, NJ
Butterfly has one pic on her profile!!! Maybe she can put it in her post???? hint hint...LOL

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

Butterfly618
on 8/20/09 6:49 am - NJ
I got the hint. check out my post on page 2

"SUCCESS IS A LIFESTYLE, NOT A DIET"
Please visit my OH  Support group:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/allinthemind/welcome/

Where you will find helpful strategies to achieve you goals

Highest 325.7lbs Surgery 295lbs Current 244lbs 

Purple Passion
on 8/20/09 1:15 am - Little Falls, NJ
RNY on 08/06/07 with
I haven't had a chance yet.  It may have to wait until the weekend.  Sorry!

Rachelle
Looking for a possible revision.
257/190/150 

Most Active
Recent Topics