BIG THANKS !! Great Turnout !! Next Inconvenient Get Together Dinner!!

Tom C.
on 8/18/09 9:32 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

Just wanted to THANK everyone who attended. We had 13 folks turn out. Since I was really only excepting 3 to turn out, I was more than happy!! I think it went rather well, and it appeared everyone all had a good time (I hope) !!

I think my expectation of us
sitting around, meeting each other, and sharing our trials and tribulations and a few laughs was accomplished. Plus, I also think we helped each other with losing weight, while gaining a new friend or two (or 13).

Everyone there said they were interested in doing it again. So let’s see if we can do one in September. I was thinking either Tuesday the 22nd or 29th. I know these dates fall around “Religious Holidays (the 22nd being Eid al Fitr, and the 28th is Yom Kippur). So I am not sure how that would affect folks planning to come.  

As I mentioned, each time we do this, I will try to “move" the location - since no one location will be convenient for everyone. The next time I am thinking in the New Brunswick/Woodbridge area. Can anyone recommend a place – and please remember parking.

Let me know what you think? Remember, this is for ALL OF US - so any feedback is welcomed and appreciated !!

Thanks again. And for those who didn't come - YOU WERE MISSED, and we hope to see you at the next one !!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
3grlsmom
on 8/18/09 9:59 pm
 I had a wonderful time meeting everyone last night......I didnt even get lost going home!!  I am good on the 29th and I think that Old Man Rafferty's would be a perfect place in downtown New Brunswick to meet .....   there is even a parking lot on the same street.  

I know that this wasn't  "officially" a support group - BUT - today I feel re-vitalized and I am anxious to be as good as I can be.   For me it was a GREAT support group !!  As a group - we have lost 1,200 lbs!!!  and going strong.

Thanks Tom and EVERYONE - 

Love, Karen

Karen in NJ 

knailnhair
on 8/18/09 10:37 pm, edited 8/19/09 11:29 pm - Milford, NJ
I had a freakin BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I must admit I was apprehensive, being alittle on the shy side I wasn't sure what to expect. I am sooo happy I went. To be around soooo many happy, successful people gave me a new zing in my step today!!!

Regardless of which surgery you had, we're on in this battle together!!! We need to support each other and last night was a true example of doing that!!!

Can't wait till the next one!!!

As Karen said between the 13 of us we had lost a total of 1264lbs!!!! How amazing!!!!

Those that didn't make it  you were missed!!! Hopefully you will make the next one....thanks to those who took time out of their busy schedules to attend....

Purple Passion
hockeymom8016
allisarin
Gracy72 and hubby
Livewell
Denemery
3grlsmom
Butterfly618
Big_Ideas
aNEWchapter
tcasola
XOXOXO
knailnhair (me)

If I have misspelled any screen names please let me know....

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

hockeymom8016
on 8/18/09 11:11 pm - NJ
It was great! I had a wonderful time.  I loved meeting people who have gone through a similar experience.  Everyone got along great. I am hoping I can make the next one.

Tom C.
on 8/18/09 11:22 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Oh yeah .. in case you didn't jot it down ..

You can contact me either on Facebook (tcasola) or email: [email protected]
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
big_ideas
on 8/18/09 11:26 pm - Randolph, NJ
Tom,

I wanted to publicly thank you for organizing this. This was a great group of people, and it was fun to put faces to screen names.

Sometimes I feel kind of isolated in this experience; I feel like no one in my life "gets it." So it was wonderful  to be around a bunch of people *****ally understand and share what I've been through.

To everyone who was there: it was great to meet you, and congratulations on your success (or future success, in some cases ;)).  Thank you all for being so warm and open, and for coming out.

Anyone who couldn't make it, please try to come next time. You won't be sorry!

Big_Ideas (aka Linda)

allisarin
on 8/18/09 11:28 pm - Bayonne, NJ

Had a great time last night. I'm really looking forward to the next one. I got to meet alot of great people who are going through the same things I'm going through. We don't alway need support group just people. I get more out of gathering like this then some support groups I have tryed and never went back to but this I will be there.  Hopefully we have a great turnout next time also.
Both date you have are fine with me. I do not know the Woodbridge/New Brunswick area so I have no suggestions.

Butterfly618
on 8/19/09 1:44 am, edited 8/19/09 1:46 am - NJ
Tom thank you so much for putting in the hard work of getting this together. I so enjoyed meeting everyone I didn't want it to end, or go home . I too feel anew motivation. I I want to do better and be better at this. You all gave me insight to how to deal with my last full. Thank you Thank you.

If you make it on the 22nd I will not be able to attend because I will be on Vacation!!!!The 29th is great for me. I hope that date is good for the majority. I know this great restaurant with great food in Woodbridge called D'Italia Restaurant on 35 it has free parking and plenty of it. And the prices aren't bad either. Check out this link to Zagat

http://www.zagat.com/Verticals/PropertyDetails.aspx?VID=8&R=100690936

and this one
http://www.ditaliarestaurant.com/

"SUCCESS IS A LIFESTYLE, NOT A DIET"
Please visit my OH  Support group:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/allinthemind/welcome/

Where you will find helpful strategies to achieve you goals

Highest 325.7lbs Surgery 295lbs Current 244lbs 

Livewell
on 8/19/09 3:27 am - Chatham, NJ
Tom,

Thanks for organizing!  I would have loved to have had a chance to talk to more of the group.  I really enjoyed seeing everyone live and learning from different experiences.  A message board is just not the same as direct dialogue with someone.

Looking forward to the next one!

Purple Passion
on 8/19/09 6:28 am - Little Falls, NJ
RNY on 08/06/07 with
I had such a blast.  It was wonderful to put faces to the names and personality to the posts.  I felt that everyone connected so well.  I agree that it was like a support group of sorts...better than any support group I've been to!

Thank you so much for organizing it.  I can't wait until the next one.  I really hope I can come.

Rachelle
Looking for a possible revision.
257/190/150 

Most Active
Recent Topics