PETA billboard...

Krissy
on 8/18/09 9:27 am - Cranford, NJ
Have any of you seen the latest  "save the whales" billboard put out by PETA in Jacksonville FL?!! Words can not express what I am feeling right now...check it out....  http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?s toryid=143536&catid=3

thoughts?

~Krissy
Kelly T.
on 8/18/09 11:03 pm - Woodbridge, VA
I saw it on the news this morning.  I think it is SO disrespectful towards overweight people.  During the interview, they kept asking the PETA director how they can justify it.  He was responding about being a vegetarian and COMPLETELY avoiding the question.  It was very disheartening that this was allowed.  IMO, this has the same impact as if it were a racist comment put on a billboard. 
Kelly
"Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels".

Tom C.
on 8/18/09 11:35 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
And what's more funny - how many Vegans and/or vegetarians are overweight? Just because you don't eat meat, doesn't mean you'll be skinny?
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Purple Passion
on 8/20/09 1:19 am - Little Falls, NJ
RNY on 08/06/07 with
Exactly!

Rachelle
Looking for a possible revision.
257/190/150 

GntleJ
on 8/20/09 5:14 pm
I would like to go down there and just throw meat at them as the walk in and out thier doors... They are lucky thier home base is located in Va..!!
carpink72
on 8/21/09 7:10 am - East Orange, NJ
I've already sent my letter of complaint to PETA.

Carla
Joseph Itkor
on 8/21/09 12:41 pm - hackettstown, NJ
while I'm not a PETA fan, by any stretch of the imagination, I don't see why people get upset about this stuff.

Fat people (of which I am one) are fat.  Fat is not a bad word.  I don't know why people let words hurt them.  Remember "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never harm them"

Many fat people (myself included) eat meat.  Its really not a big deal.  Why do people let this stuff bother them?

Krissy
on 9/14/09 2:40 am - Cranford, NJ
Hi Joseph,  it took me a while to respond to your post because I really wasnt sure how I wanted to respond. after much thought, I would like to say that; I am very happy for you that words like "fat" dont bother you. To me its not just the words its the treatment of obese people.

Words do hurt...hurtful words can leave a lifetime scars, can cause significant emotional harm, can cause low self esteem and damage our self confidence.  havent you ever said anything you have regretted? I know I have and on more than one occasion..lol

IMO PETA has no empathy for overweight/obese/fat people. Its actually quite disturbing how a group would want to treat animals better than a fellow human.
Joseph Itkor
on 9/14/09 2:52 am - hackettstown, NJ

I totally agree with you on the PETA thing.  They are a bunch of wackos IMHO.

I'm just saying that people shouldn't let words hurt them.  That's all.  Words only hurt, because people allow them to hurt.

chell1957
on 9/19/09 12:50 am, edited 9/19/09 12:50 am - Woodbury, NJ
OMG! I see your point. Not in good taste at all. Very insulting and insensitive.

http://verticalsleevetalk.com/private.php
http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/wls_lightweights/

Most Active
Recent Topics