** GET TOGETHER REMINDER ** This Tuesday August18th:

Tom C.
on 8/14/09 9:38 pm, edited 8/14/09 10:57 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

A bunch of us are going to meet at the Tiffany's restaurant in Union NJ around 5:30 p.m.. I have reserved an area for 25, but they can accommodate more. Everyone is invited to come (yes, pre and post op). Feel free to bring the kiddies and your significant other (or anyone else you'd like to come).

Just want to go over some things, and I don't mean to offend -

(1) If you want a separate check, please let the server know prior to taking the orders. It’s a hassle to ask the server to do this later on. And some places won’t do this if the crowd is too numerous.

(2) Usually when we do a group meeting, I like to divide check by the total  number of folks at the table, instead of trying to figure out who had what. (If someone brings more than one person, they multiple the total owed by the number of people they have). Now I understand if you only order a coffee and someone else has a Filet Mignon with a 5 lbs Lobster – then we can address that more diplomatically.

(3) Please bring CASH (unless you want a separate check). And please make sure you have an assortment of bills. It’s really difficult to make change when everyone brings only 20’s.

For more information, please see the following post:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/NJ/3990375/Tuesday-Aug-18th-Inconvenient-get-together-dinner/

Can't wait to see youse !!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Krissy
on 8/17/09 2:15 pm - Cranford, NJ
Hi Tom... how many do you think will attend?

~krissy
Tom C.
on 8/17/09 7:18 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Close to 30 originally said they would attend. So far 5 definitely said they wouldn't be making, and at least 2 told me they were iffy. I have a feeling a lot more will not attend - you know how life can get in the way of things. If at least 10 people make it, I will be happy.

To be honest, it's not the numbers that is important. It's that we all get together and share and support one another.

Plus things like this take time to "catch on". Hopefully a year from now we'll be meeting in banquet halls ... or at least have 11 people attend ;D !!

Hope to see youse all there !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
allisarin
on 8/17/09 9:34 pm - Bayonne, NJ
I will be there.

gracy72
on 8/17/09 11:26 pm - newark, NJ
Tom - My Husband, Jeff and I will be there- we should probably  get there  by 6-6:30 - save us 2 seats please! Looking forward to meeting everyone!
Who says you can't win for losing! Gracy 

HW/SW/CW/GW
286/242/196/150 

My jouney has led me to this amazing place known as onederland....now that I am here I refuse to leave - EVER! ~ July 28, 2010

Adios to the BIG 9-0 look out 100 here I come!

Tom C.
on 8/18/09 12:53 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
I suspect we should be there a while - so don't rush !! Not worth a ticket - or an accident ;D !!

Tom

jackfre
on 8/18/09 9:43 am - NJ
VSG on 03/26/15
I wish I could have made it but tonight was not good for me.
Hope you all had a great time and maybe I will make it to the next one.

Jackie

cschoen
on 8/18/09 11:47 am - NJ
Let us know how it went!  Any pics?
Cyndi, Leader, OH Groups,
Northern NJ Stalwarts
and (the slow-growing) Keeping It Kosher After WLS

"I want my unwarranted optimism back!" Dilbert

hockeymom8016
on 8/18/09 9:10 pm - NJ
It was a lot of fun.  There was a great turnout.  Many thanks to Tom who arranged the gathering.  There were some pictures taken which I am sure will be posted. 

Most Active
Recent Topics