hacksttstown and st. clare's

allformykids
on 8/11/09 2:58 pm
I was wondering if anyone here has Dr. Sofia Fernandez as a PCP she is out of Hackettstown. The first time I spoke with her about weight she pushed me to weigh****chers, now I knwo this is what I want 6 months later and I'm worried she will push me away forcing me to find a new dr, but i really like her...
second question... I am planning on using dr garrison, anyone here use him? Did you like him? I have Cigna, if you did too did they cover it all?
So stressed, tomorrow night I am so excited a friend of mine and I are going to the new patient seminar in Mt Olive :) I wish I could fast forward to the part of getting it done... i have no clue of why I've waited so long to realize this was for me...
hockeymom8016
on 8/11/09 9:20 pm - NJ
Dr. Garrison practiced with my surgeon for a short time. He assisted Dr. Bertha with my RNY. He was wonderful and very caring. I liked him.

Tom C.
on 8/11/09 9:53 pm, edited 8/11/09 11:55 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Allformykids,

I won't be able to make the new patient seminar tonight. Doctor Garrison is a good Doctor. While he doesn't practice with ALS (Dr. Abkin/Bertha/Iannace) they could still assist with your surgery if requested (and vice versa).

If you happen to like the Doctors of ALS, but are upset they don't take your insurance, ask them how the deal with "out of network" benefits.

Saint Clares is a very good hospital. And the Bariatric Nutritionists are (IMHO) the best around.

Feel free to contact me via PM if you have any other questions.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
(deactivated member)
on 8/12/09 12:54 am - NJ
Yes - I concur.  The support groups and nutritionists at St. Clare's are the best!  I had 2 surgeries there - band removal then RNY a month later, both done by Dr.  Bertha, and they were great!  St. Clare's is a good hospital!

Best of luck to you!

hockeymom8016
on 8/12/09 9:24 pm - NJ
I was skeptical about St. Clare's Dover but their care was excellent - much better than Morristown IMO.

laura9488
on 8/11/09 10:34 pm - Denville, NJ
I didn't use that dr, but had surgery at St. Clare's Dover. I had a good experience, nurses were great, supportive.
But on the last day I was sent me a regular meal with regular, not sugar free jello etc.  Not liquids. So look at tray carefully before you eat.
kward
on 8/12/09 1:33 am
Hi all,
I have an appt with Dr. Garrison on Friday to discuss my options...I have already met with Dr. Bertha..both seem to be fantastic...If they can work together...can Dr G operate at Morristown Memorial?  I know that Bertha does.
Kris
Tom C.
on 8/12/09 4:30 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
I am not sure if Garrison has privileges at Morristown. If not, Saint Clare's is a great place.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
(deactivated member)
on 8/12/09 1:15 pm - NJ
Hi

I had Dr. Garrison as my doctor and I also had Cigna.  Dr. Garrison was excellent and very thorough in making sure you knew about the options and everything to expect for your surgery.  I recommend him highly!

Vicki
allformykids
on 8/12/09 3:02 pm
thank you everyone for posting back to me!! You all have been so wonderful. I went tonight to the open seminar for St. Clares and talked to dr Garrison. He was wonderful! He even told me that Cigna might approve his office to do a three month thing rather than six month thing. I'm so happy and excited, this is all going my way... so far!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics